Help. My Computer Is Gooooone

my pc froze up the other and i shut it down, but now when i try starting it up all i hear are beeps, and my monitor stays black and my wireless mouse and keyboard aren't even picked up. how do i fix it? what can i do? any response would be greatly appreciated. thx

Nice generic set problem <_<

Since you hear beeping you can rule out the PSU, but still a possibility of Graphics card, RAM, or CPU

I'd recommend you open your case disconnect all your IDE cables, they are the ribbons that go to your hard drive and CD drives (with the computer off, of course)

Try to boot your system - check to see if your CPU fan is running (If it does not work continue)

Remove the RAM and attempt to boot - Do you get the same type and number of beeps? (this would bad RAM)

Try to boot with each (if you have more than one stick) stick of RAM in different slots

Let me know what you get

• 2 weeks later...

what make-model do you run?

Can you catch the beep code sequence?

Here is a list Computer Post-Beep Codes

intel pentium 4 processor

yeh it is one long beep which keeps repeating - i've tried resitting the RAM - clearing cmos

what do u think?

Nope on the cmos. Plug a real mouse and keyboard in. Not the wireless one. It needs to see a Mouse, Keyboard and Monitor to boot up. Might have a bad mouse or keyboard.

what make-model do you run?

Can you catch the beep code sequence?

Here is a list Computer Post-Beep Codes

intel pentium 4 processor

yeh it is one long beep which keeps repeating - i've tried resitting the RAM - clearing cmos

what do u think?

Nope on the cmos. Plug a real mouse and keyboard in. Not the wireless one. It needs to see a Mouse, Keyboard and Monitor to boot up. Might have a bad mouse or keyboard.

is that all or should i be doing something else along wiht that - anyways i'll give that a go - all i need now is a real mouse and keyboard

Wow I was wondering something here, did you build this PC? I am wondering if you can match up the beeps. I know that on some mobo's they have a function to shut off to protect the CPU. It might be the heat sync not cooling proper. This is after all if you built the PC. Also, did you do anything new before this problem happened?