What Do You Do To Clear Your Thoughts/mind?

TK, I think the best way to turn the type of stress thoughts you are talking about off, or rather turn them towards a positive direction is to let go of them....oh I know it is hard to do...by giving them to God. Sometimes it takes alot of letting them go every time they return to bug you...but it will become easier if you practise giving them to God on a regular basis. I still have trouble at times not taking things back, but if I just give them back again it will eventually work. Remember we can't do anything to change the past, so it is useless to keep punishing ourselves by trying to do so. Sure we can admit to regrets, but constant worrying does no good, and only harm to your body, mind, and spirit.

Another thing to do after turning over the stress/thoughts/problems of past is to start praising the Lord...rejoice in the Lord. Rejoice in the Lord, means to load up on the joy until you are bursting with joy, instead of sorrows.

The other things people mentioned, about doing something to work off, or think through the problems, is good too. A tired body helps to quiet a troubled mind. Good physical work, hard work sometimes is best, like splitting or stacking wood, digging the garden up, or chopping weeds back, digging holes for planting trees. Or housework stuff like doing the floors (one of my friends scrubs her kitchen/bath floors with a scrub brush on her hands and knees usually in the middle of the night to take out her stress...I used to wonder if she would have any floors left due to all the scrubbing..., washing windows inside and out, rearranging the furniture etc. You can do that stuff for yourself or for others, I think it works better to do it for others as it not only works out your problems but it helps them which as an added bonus makes you feel good about yourself for doing for others!!!

Sometimes when I am in a blue mood, I put on some good old time blues music just lose my own blues in the music. Then switch to Gospel music to cheer myself back up to normal. Works everytime.

If I am just hyped up or lonely and not tired enough to go to bed, I get on the computer and head over here to read posts. This place is so serene, and the people so nice, that I can calm down from whatever has me hyped up and feel like I have spent time with friends and family... and head off to bed in peace.

When I can't sleep at night because I am hurting, which is often with my back/neck, I talk to God in prayer.

I usually fall asleep in peace in mid thought to Him.

Sometimes though, you just have to go through to the other side of whatever the trouble is, to get it into past. A Pastor told me once that it is real hard to remember you came to drain the swamp when you are knee deep in aligators. For some reason, that really helped me get through a very trying time. Find some thing like that to be able to actually picture, so you can use it to visualize fulfilling your future goal of a newly drained swamp turned into good land you have reclaimed from the enemy.

Take care my friend. I am praying for you and your family.

P.S. Don't forget to keep up the Bible reading to help you grow, and if you can't sleep, try reading the 'begats' in old testament. That is always a sleep inducer at church. Ha!!! :rolleyes:

Pat.

God bless everyone.

Greetings TK, Marty and all,

I'm here for that very reason. I cant sleep. Had a hard day at work but cant seem to turn off the switch. Wife is fast asleep. I got tired of looking at the alarm clock. Even the cat got upset when I disturbed her getting out of bed. I hope and pray everyone is doing well and has a Happy New Year.

Take care,

Pat

:D

hi pat happy new year

ihope all comes right for TK

HE IS A GREAT GUY

MARTY

Howdy everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good start to the new years...

I just was wondering what you like to do to clear your mind of any thoughts? When I go to bed I close my eyes and pretend to look at a blank peice of paper, that usually works very well for me when trying to fall asleep.

I have a heavy load on my plate and my mind is just boggled, a rough road ahead of me but will survive, we (the kids and myself) are soldiers...

Just trying to get some ideas, maybe other people may like gettings few tips on what to do when having a stressful day or what ever the problem may be and need to clear some thoughts.

Thanks everyone for any input

Steve

Hi Steve,

I wish the best for you and your family! I don't do it enough, but, I've found that when I do some regular exercise that the activity helps me to burn off some of the stress and helps me to fall asleep a bit easier. :D

Hey TK,

Sorry about the **** you've been going through and I'm sure you already use my stress relief technique but I usually reach for the guitar, play it loud and with violence (pushing the envelope of string breakage).

Hope things are better for ya' in '06'

Hello Everyone!

Thanks for the great suggestions... These boards sure do have great people on them! I hope everyone here live a great full happy life, matter of fact I hope everyone in the whole world will have a good long happy life...

I can't believe I didn't think of that.... the guitar idea....lol...

That is how boggled my mind is right now...

Going to play for a few...

Take Care everyone!!!

Greatest bunch of people on the net as far as I'm concerned!!

Steve

I can't believe I didn't think of that.... the guitar idea....lol...

heh, I can't believe it either! :)

just to add...adversity has always brought on my most creative moments...good idea to fire up the multi-track or record right to your hard drive...at the very least you'll come up with some good ideas for potential songs, if not write an entire album ;)