Studio-quality Triode-tube Ipod Speakers

I know a good tube guitar amp cranked to the point of destruction is pleasing to my ears but is the tube audio world making a comeback... :huh:

Using superior analog technology all but lost in today’s common digital electronics, this is the first tube-based iPod® speaker system, producing a luxurious warmth and clarity prized by audiophiles and previously difficult to reproduce outside of custom-built amplifiers of a handful of live musicians.

Triode-Tube iPod Speakers

Oh...and these have a rather heafty price tag on them I think anyway... :wacko:

Vacume tube has always been the audiofiles friend. Vacume lifted turntable plates, vacume tube amps, vacume tube this, that and its all very expensive.

Not to mention that they do have to be replaced every so often, and that they are extremly fragile, so if you drop em... well that would be a good time to cry.

They will probably come back in slowly, as analog produces are far superior quality, this can be seen in the wave, a digital wave, mesured over 1 unit, is either a 1 or a 0, where as an anologous singal messured over any 1 unit has an infinite amount of information. (infinite number of 1's and 0's) Thus having a superior sound.

Pierce