Open Tabs Without Scroll Wheel

I have been playing with my new laptop. I have not been able to figure this out. without a scroll wheel I am not sure how to open new links in a tab. I am using firefox-1.5. I have looked at all of the tab options, but none seem to enable this.

( oops, sorry . I clicked the wrong button Pete_C)

Edited by Pete_C
I have been playing with my new laptop. I have not been able to figure this out. without a scroll wheel I am not sure how to open new links in a tab. I am using firefox-1.5. I have looked at all of the tab options, but none seem to enable this.

( oops, sorry . I clicked the wrong button Pete_C)

\

Have you loaded the tabbed browsing extension

Go to tools/ extensions/ get more extensions

Get tabbrowser preferences

It will add another tab to tools/ options

Lets you change links and popups to new tab and more.

Or

Right click should also give the open in new tab option.

Ctrl+left click opens in new tab

Shift+Left click opens in new window

Just to add, hovering the link and pressing both buttons at the same time, does what you want...at least on my toshiba satellite.

thanks that works nice.

I also have a toshiba satelite, the L25 -s1192. I have not yet put linux on it, but will soon. Did you have any luck with getting your wifi to work?

Just to add, hovering the link and pressing both buttons at the same time, does what you want...at least on my toshiba satellite.

thanks that works nice.

I also have a toshiba satelite, the L25 -s1192. I have not yet put linux on it, but will soon. Did you have any luck with getting your wifi to work?

My Satellite is a relatively low budget model without built-in wifi...had bought a netgear WG511 PCMCIA card the same time I bought the notebook without the thought of linux compatability, imagine my surprise when it was auto-detected and configured during ubuntu install...think I might've soiled myself doing the happy dance. :lol: