Updateing Apache

When I installed CentOS it came with Apache 2.0.52 and I am wanting to upgrade to 2.0.55 so I have the latest version installed how do I do it in command line?

as root

yum check-update

now you can either upgrade just apache or the entire system

yum upgrade apache

or

yum upgrade

one note...

just because there is a new apache does not make it commpatable with centOS..

in linux the developers like to test the software with all the rest of the software that comes with the distrobution, so there may be no stable update yet, also CENTOS being a recompiling of Red Hat they could be 3 months behind.

one other thing. Debian, Red Hat and Suse will compile their own version that may contian any fixs the new version gives (as they most likely did the fix) and their olderversion may have all the fixes already...

Ok it would said nothing after all these other than there was no packages to be updated or deleted.

as root

yum check-update

now you can either upgrade just apache or the entire system

yum upgrade apache

or

yum upgrade

one note...

just because there is a new apache does not make it commpatable with centOS..

in linux the developers like to test the software with all the rest of the software that comes with the distrobution, so there may be no stable update yet, also CENTOS being a recompiling of Red Hat they could be 3 months behind.

one other thing. Debian, Red Hat and Suse will compile their own version that may contian any fixs the new version gives (as they most likely did the fix) and their olderversion may have all the fixes already...

that would mean you have the most stable version for CentOS..

the other way is to download the tarball from apache,

do a

tar -xvf <tarballname>

cd apache2.****
./configure
make
make install

maybe one or two more steps.. I would wait intill CentoOS releases a new package for it.

a new package.