My First Job :-)

I am officially a professional pc repair guy. With that said, I know less then many of of the people that frequent this board. The new telephone book, which contains my ad, were just released. I got my first call this afternoon. I just finished reinstalling windows on a dell dimension 3000. It was pretty painless. Now my job would be perfect if I was able to work on linux machines instead of windws, oh well.

I wish my local compuet repair shops (one of them is also a parts supply shop too) would hire me. Congrats on your job. Have fun reinstalling Windows and telling idiots how to fix their internet.

Yee-Ha, Bright-Eyed Computers is off and running! (you did keep that name, right?) Congrats on your reinstall! Now don't forget to make a follow-up call to your customer tomorrow to make sure everything's running alright and ask if he or she can recommend you (give them a couple business cards)

Glad to hear the good news! Congrats!

Liz

Do you have a web site for your business?

I have a domain purchased, and the websight listed in the yellow pages. But as of now, it is just parked at godaddys. I need to get a simple page put together soon. I originally did not expect the phone book to be published(and delivered) until February, so this caught me off guard.

I feel like I need to make a logo. Once that is done, it should be easy to write a simple page.

www.brighteyedcomputer.com

Edited by shanenin

Man I'd love to see someone walk into a repair shop with a Linux problem. (Probably me I acutally asked about it one time at the CCC). Usually folks that use Linux will either know how to fix it themselves or get on a forum for help. At the computer shop I hang out (CCC) I think I know more about linux than the guy that runs the place and the intern is a genius in open source OS's. I wish you were where I am. You'd hire me right? I hate comin home smellin like BBQ every night. (My dad loves that though)

Edited by Honda_Boy

Do you have a web site for your business?

I have a domain purchased, and the websight listed in the yellow pages. But as of now, it is just parked at godaddys. I need to get a simple page put together soon. I originally did not expect the phone book to be published(and delivered) until February, so this caught me off guard.

I feel like I need to make a logo. Once that is done, it should be easy to write a simple page.

www.brighteyedcomputer.com

ok, pardon the slight spamming, but you know what I do right????

sig.gif .............Web design and much more

I also make custom graphics :)

I am officially a professional pc repair guy. With that said, I know less then many of of the people that frequent this board. The new telephone book, which contains my ad, were just released. I got my first call this afternoon. I just finished reinstalling windows on a dell dimension 3000. It was pretty painless. Now my job would be perfect if I was able to work on linux machines instead of windws, oh well.

Just a thought, shanenin! I've known you for several years and you are a top notch Linux guru. Perhaps you should let people know on your upcoming website that you specialize in both Windows and Linux? More and more people are using our favourite OS so why not let em know about it? That could perhaps give you more business. I have a local computer store here in town and I noticed a little picture of tux painted on his computer repair van.

Cheers!! Happy New Year!!! :D

Just a thought, shanenin! I've known you for several years and you are a top notch Linux guru. Perhaps you should let people know on your upcoming website that you specialize in both Windows and Linux? More and more people are using our favourite OS so why not let em know about it? That could perhaps give you more business. I have a local computer store here in town and I noticed a little picture of tux painted on his computer repair van.

I will definately mention linux in the websight(I would love to solve linux problems for $). Most people who use linux, tend to solve thier own problems; If they are not able to solve the linux problem they just go back to windows:-(

I will definately mention linux in the websight(I would love to solve linux problems for $). Most people who use linux, tend to solve thier own problems; If they are not able to solve the linux problem they just go back to windows:-(

Yeah, that would be so cool to be able to fix Linux, BSD boxes and get paid for it! Yes, you're right, Linux users do tend to solve their own problems, but, you could help new users and others trouble shoot their *nix installs. I think Linux is becoming more and more mainstream so there will be more new users who need help.

This is exciting! :D