that my friend may very well be a licensing crossover. i'm not sure but i've seen it once before. there is still a file on there and Windows now recognized that an illegal copy on there and it won't allow a legal copy to be installed until you get rid of that particular file. they use that error message to force most people to take their computer into a MS certified place. like i said i'm not sure but looks just like the one i saw. i needing to reinstall the OS and wipe the anyways so i went ahead an ended up doing that.

Oooh, Macmarauder, that makes sense that a tiny "snippet" of the illegal game might still be in Remix's computer, especially with the newer games copyright issues and XP's craving for authorizing everything.

OK, folks, any idea of where to find that varmit file? (heh, don't ask me...!)

Did you uninstall the illegal copy, Remix? If you did, did you do it through Add/Remove Programs or the "uninstall feature" from the Start Program...thing (you know what I'm trying to say) If you didn't, DON"T uninstall the illegal copy until the experts advise you the best way to do it.

Liz

i uninstalled the illegal copy months agot houghr add and remove but that makes sense that there might be a file with that info macmaurader

where would i find that though? i just deleted anything related to sims 2 on my pc and ran a disk cleanup so idk if that will work

just to clear things up i install illegal verison of sims 2 long time ago and uninstaled

then my sis got the game so she installed it on her pc

since i saw no problem with me intstalling it on mine i tried to onstall on mine

and game doesnt work

I have a perfectly fine ripped copy of sims 2 and it works fine. No errors. When you ripped the game there should of been an option where it would crack the write protection. You just had to find the correct one to use. I havnt done it in a while but you could find a tutorial on how to do it properly online

Hey guys. I don't want to have to lock this thread, because REMIX is looking for assistance on his legit copy of the game, and he deserves support for that. So please, don't bring cracks into the conversation.

REMIX, I've been doing some googling on this issue, and haven't been able to find much. :(

Matt

well i looked under trouble shoot and it said something about copy protection error and it tolld me to disk cleanup and other options, and i did disk cleanup so idk and also defraged(another option)

so ill try to install tomorrw again