Time To Take Your Meds.

Let's just say I will remain skeptical of anyone proclaiming a cure for a disease that is generallly recognized as uncurable. There are people who claim to cure cancer, then you never hear from them again. Even if there's a grain of truth, say, there's a new treatment, it can get mis-reported as a cure rather than a new line of treatment.

Mlegg, has you read the news about one british man who cured from HIV.....

Well people, it is true, the doctor claimed that this man got cured from HIV, so the man should know how he do it, but he WONT tell how he cure it..... make me feel like i want to punch him and tell him to tell us how to cure HIV/AIDS. jeez, over 10 million people got HIV/AIDS.

They will probably be investigating this case and argueing over it for the next ten years. One thing to consider is that HIV follows an infectious path similar bubonic plague in terms of how it invades immune cells. They have established that some people carry a mutated gene which with one copy present inhibits the ability of these diseases to enter the immune cells thus giving the individual a limited natural resistance (an ability to actually fight off the plague long enough to recover) . And if they have two copies (one from each parent) they potentially will not even become sick if exposed to plague . The exact effect this has on HIV is not yet established; but there are indications that likewise it carries resistance. In fact , recent studies in Kenya of prostitutes indicates that some people are in fact naturally immune to the virus despite repeated exposure, and others show no ill effects despite testing positive over a decade ago and not recieving treatment.

This does not by any means mean that you should engage in unprotected sex with multiple partners; but it means that the potential of finding a cure is there.

I think you should all be happy to be sleeping!

I think it's been over 2 years now I haven't went to bed with out popping sleeping pills or gravol or tylenol night time flu caps. I think it mostly had to do with stress, could have been other things as well.

About 3 nights ago was the first time I actually slept with out having to pop a pill. One of the things that I hate most is going to bed and hearing birds chirping and seeing the sun rise, it just doesn't feel right, that is what happens when I don't pop a pill.

Thank God for allowing me to sleep the past few days with out a pill, I feel so drowsy when I wake up after having a pill. Now to have no more nightmares, that will be another cure the Lord will give me!

Take Care God Bless and Sweet Dreams!

Edited by TymeKyller

Thank goodness you finally got some unassisted sleep.

I've tried everything over the years (off and on) and they ALL have side-effects of one kind or another that I cannot withstand. In a way that's a good thing, otherwise I probably would have become dependant, i.e., addicted.

Like ... uh-hem ... booze. Sure, an ounce before bedtime works. For a while. Then you need two ounces, then four, then you're drinking even though it's no longer helping to put you to sleep.

I've read over and over that [edit] Melatonin [/edit] (original: Seratonin) is supposed to help, then read that it doesn't. Never got around to trying it though. I'm sure it's just another rut waiting to happen.

I use mental exercises when I don't think it's going to happen: Essentially it's placing my mind in a craft of some kind and "flying" elsewhere. I visit familiar places, then go to unfamiliar territory, then ... Well, I'm asleep by then.

Doesn't help me STAY asleep though.

------

Got my hormones mixed up. :D

Edited by JDoors

It's "Melatonin" and I use it as often as I need. And have for years. Melatonin, the all natural nitecap.

No morning aftereffects, inexpensive, and it really works! I started using it when I had to be at work at 5am. Getting to sleep at 7:30pm in the summer is near impossible for a "day person" So is getting up in the middle of the nite. (3:30am) So I gave it a try, and then suggested it to many friends. They also have had great results.

Tyme, maybe you can try the new pill, Luneta.... something like that. the ads on the tv that jabe a glowing butterfly flying around and touch people then they sleep

I will have to look into that...

Thanks...

[q]I use mental exercises when I don't think it's going to happen: Essentially it's placing my mind in a craft of some kind and "flying" elsewhere. I visit familiar places, then go to unfamiliar territory, then ... Well, I'm asleep by then.[/q]

I found the if you close your eyes and pretend to stare at a blank piece of white paper, that helps out alot...

Edited by TymeKyller
[q]I use mental exercises when I don't think it's going to happen: Essentially it's placing my mind in a craft of some kind and "flying" elsewhere. I visit familiar places, then go to unfamiliar territory, then ... Well, I'm asleep by then.[/q]

I found the if you close your eyes and pretend to stare at a blank piece of white paper, that helps out alot...

so counting the sheep is out of the question?

I use to have a difficult time going to sleep. When I drank the only time my eyes closed and I was dead to the world came from over consumption then passing out. When I quit the only problem with sleeping was caused by drinking caffeine or eating a snack containing chocolate within 4 hours of bedtime. Now I can lay down and go right to sleep and not wake up unless the foolish dog starts snoring loudly or barks because someone walked by the house. I found that a comfortable pillow that conforms with my head position plus placing boards under my couch cushions aided my sleep (I haven't slept on a bed in 6 years). Smoking will also disrupt sleep due to the phlegm and sinus congestion. The only substance I ever used for nodding out was a green leaf *cough*.

I think, the main problem with most things, is that people take a pill for everything. From a european perspective, when my Dad was in america he had a headach. He wanted a "few" asprins. Over here your lucky to get 12 for $8 or so. But he walked into a shop, and the smallest thing he could get had 200 tablets in it...... The scary thing is, people must be eating asprins to even require a bucket that big.

Generally I believe the cause for most problems, is processed food, mixture of medicins, abuse of alcohol, stress, drugs, so on so forth (okay not everybody does everything but you get the picture) and it just blends into a big cocktail of hell.

Unfortuantly thats not always advoidable, but i wish doctors would instead of treating kids with hyper activity (jesuses like, a kid hyperactive, better pump him with some ritalian, and valume), with meds, but use other techniques, like focusing that activity towards creativity or learning a new subject.

Pierce

I think, the main problem with most things, is that people take a pill for everything. From a european perspective, when my Dad was in america he had a headach. He wanted a "few" asprins. Over here your lucky to get 12 for $8 or so. But he walked into a shop, and the smallest thing he could get had 200 tablets in it...... The scary thing is, people must be eating asprins to even require a bucket that big.

Generally I believe the cause for most problems, is processed food, mixture of medicins, abuse of alcohol, stress, drugs, so on so forth (okay not everybody does everything but you get the picture) and it just blends into a big cocktail of hell.

Unfortuantly thats not always advoidable, but i wish doctors would instead of treating kids with hyper activity (jesuses like, a kid hyperactive, better pump him with some ritalian, and valume), with meds, but use other techniques, like focusing that activity towards creativity or learning a new subject.

Pierce

I remember i read some science news that if someone took asprins more than 5 times a week, they will suffer a minor brain damage, just too minor damage.

I dont really use those med if i have headahce, i simply take a hot bath, then BAM! headahce is all gone..... sometime i rather to let my body/mind to take care of it than using the med.

... when my Dad was in america he had a headach. He wanted a "few" asprins. Over here your lucky to get 12 for $8 or so. But he walked into a shop, and the smallest thing he could get had 200 tablets in it......

Hey, any convenience store will sell you a foil pack with just a few aspirin in it.

Of course, it'll cost the same as the 200 count bottle at the pharmacy. :unsure: