Symantec Quietly Hikes Norton Renewal Price

Hmmmm, time to look at the ads for Norton2006 "free with rebate". I use Mcafee (and just purchased the new Security Suite, "free with rebate", of course!) and I noticed their "list price" went up $10. <_<

Liz

sounds like when my internet security runs out here within 4-6 months i'll drop it for AVG free and Windows firewall. I have a router to back it up. Or i could just try this loop hole i might have figured out to get Norton IS 03 for free. but more than likely i'll try LEGAL free AV's firewalls. I'll miss the add blocking and some of the other things.

Hey Liz:

Check out this place for rebates. Several different products. Different stores offering rebates for same product, so check them all.

Free After Rebate

Barb :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ooooh, that's a keeper, Barb, thank you!!! Yup, there's My Mcafee Suite, right on top....stashing that website. :thumbsup:

Liz

sounds like when my internet security runs out here within 4-6 months i'll drop it for AVG free and Windows firewall. I have a router to back it up. Or i could just try this loop hole i might have figured out to get Norton IS 03 for free. but more than likely i'll try LEGAL free AV's firewalls. I'll miss the add blocking and some of the other things.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I also hate spending money on M$ software ,but, in this case I'll make an exception. I'll be spending the coin when my copy of Norton AV 2005 expires. I've saved money before only to become infected by a java script virus. I've learned to be really paranoid with my windows box. :D