Save Password For Network Places Access

I noticed on my XP pro computer, there is an option to save name and password when accessing my linux samba server(I think windows just sees it as a windows computer). On my xp home computer , that option(a check box to save name and password) is not available. Is it possible to enable this feature in my xp home machine. I thought maybe this could be done witha registry setting.

edit//

I reposted this with a corrected title

Edited by shanenin
Win XP Home is forced to use Simple File Sharing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so is saving my password consisdered complex file sharing ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um, sure ... :wacko:

You can't stipulate users:passwords with Simple File Sharing. You are forced to use Guest. So there's no passwords to share.

Fix? Get WinXP Pro, Win2k or Win2k3.

when I log onto my linux file server running samba, even from XP home, I have to enter a name and password. The only thing lacking(in xp home) is it will not remember my name and password. after every reboot I need to enter it again.

Win XP Home is forced to use Simple File Sharing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so is saving my password consisdered complex file sharing ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um, sure ... :wacko:

You can't stipulate users:passwords with Simple File Sharing. You are forced to use Guest. So there's no passwords to share.

Fix? Get WinXP Pro, Win2k or Win2k3.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about putting a password on the guest account? Would this force it to request that password? I see in control userpasswords2 there is an option to set a password on guest account. Or would it just create a new generic guest account without password ?