Hey I have a motherboard that says it will support "unregistered non-ECC DDR 400/333/266 DRAM up to 4GB". I am wondering can I use sdram memory for this board? And what if it IS registered?

I think they are simply toting some pluses here, but I don't want to take the chance of buying something and it not working.

The manufactor is in Japan (hint: when buying a product like this make sure they have toll free number), so I can't call them, and the store from which I purchased the item is withholding any techincal type comments (jerks).

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Hey I have a motherboard that says it will support "unregistered non-ECC DDR 400/333/266 DRAM up to 4GB". I am wondering can I use sdram memory for this board? And what if it IS registered?

I think they are simply toting some pluses here, but I don't want to take the chance of buying something and it not working.

The manufactor is in Japan (hint: when buying a product like this make sure they have toll free number), so I can't call them, and the store from which I purchased the item is withholding any techincal type comments (jerks).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, looks like it was a typo...

I am wondering can I use sdram memory for this board?

DDR-SDRAM is a type of SDRAM. However, if you are meaning PC-33/66/100/133 standard SDRAM, then no, you cannot use it with that board.

And what if it IS registered?

Can't use it.

-uberpenguin

I am wondering can I use sdram memory for this board?

DDR-SDRAM is a type of SDRAM. However, if you are meaning PC-33/66/100/133 standard SDRAM, then no, you cannot use it with that board.

And what if it IS registered?

Can't use it.

-uberpenguin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think he was confused about the 'DDR DRAM', and was asking if 'DDR SDRAM' would work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if it is PC2100, or PC2700 or PC3200, yes, if it is PC66, PC100, PC133, then no.

DDR ram is differnat from SDRAM