Well I read what you posted, and I checked out the link but when I go into my registry (and I'm quite familiar with it :) I DO find the key but not the lower and upper values they are suggesting, so I haven't done anything there.

still not burning :(

Check DMA Settings.

Setting DMA mode:

Win NT/2000/XP Users

Right click on [My Computer] and select [Properties] from the menu. Click [Device Manager] on the [Hardware] tab, then click to open the [iDE ATA/ATAPI (hard disk) controllers] section.

You will find: the Primary IDE Channel controller, Secondary IDE Channel controller.

Complete the following procedure:

Right click on the Primary IDE controller and select [Properties] from the menu.

Select the [Advanced Settings] tab. Check that the [Transfer Mode] for both devices is set to [DMA if available].

Repeat this for Secondary IDE controller.

Note: In some cases older CD-ROM drives will not support DMA mode. In that case please set both devices to PIO mode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error : Writing Error: (3) Error occurred writing data to disc. Writing error of unknown origin (1005). Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 3 ASC: C ASCQ: 0

Solution :

Try in this order:

1) Make sure you have the latest version, reboot after installing.

2) Try a slower write speed

3) Select caching in the Settings panel

4) Uninstall other CD Burning software

5) Try the ASPI option in the Settings Panel

6) Try a different CD burning software package till you find one that works.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In My Computer right click on the burner and click Properties then uncheck Enable CD recording on this drive. This may cause a problem when using burning software other than Roxio/CD Creator that WinXP uses.

scrshot0ks.jpg

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

http://www.cheetahburner.com/cd/faq.html

Error : Writing Error: (3) Error occurred writing data to disc. Writing error of unknown origin (1005). Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 3 ASC: C ASCQ: 0

Burn Track Number : Preparing to Write....

CD Burner Type and Model : D: HP CD-Writer cd4f

CD Burner Speed : 4x

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600), service pack 1.0

Solution :

Try in this order:

Sense key codes

3 / 0C / 00 WRITE ERROR

Check DMA Settings.

Setting DMA mode:

Win NT/2000/XP Users

Right click on [My Computer] and select [Properties] from the menu. Click [Device Manager] on the [Hardware] tab, then click to open the [iDE ATA/ATAPI (hard disk) controllers] section.

You will find: the Primary IDE Channel controller, Secondary IDE Channel controller.

Complete the following procedure:

Right click on the Primary IDE controller and select [Properties] from the menu.

Select the [Advanced Settings] tab. Check that the [Transfer Mode] for both devices is set to [DMA if available].

Repeat this for Secondary IDE controller.

Note: In some cases older CD-ROM drives will not support DMA mode. In that case please set both devices to PIO mode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution :

Try in this order:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

In My Computer right click on the burner and click Properties then uncheck Enable CD recording on this drive. This may cause a problem when using burning software other than Roxio/CD Creator that WinXP uses.

scrshot0ks.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks I did check my settings and the secondary was not on DMA so I changed that...everything else was as you had listed above. Now where you said "1) Make sure you have the latest version, reboot after installing." , the latest version of what?? I have tried several other burning software programs uninstalling each one as I tried a new one. I have checked the ASPI already, that was my first problem but that has been corrected. And I tried a lower write speed. I'm trying to burn thru windows media player now, but it just sits on the first song and says "inspecting". I've tried various burn lists, different songs etc and it still doesn't do anything.

http://www.cheetahburner.com/cd/faq.html

Burn Track Number : Preparing to Write....

CD Burner Type and Model : D: HP CD-Writer cd4f

CD Burner Speed : 4x

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 2600), service pack 1.0

Solution :

Try in this order:

Sense key codes

3 / 0C / 00 WRITE ERROR

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I've already looked up the write code error on that same site, but it doesn't tell me anything, because I don't understand it lol......Where you suggesting that I install cheetahburner and try that?

Yes I've already looked up the write code error on that same site, but it doesn't tell me anything, because I don't understand it lol......Where you suggesting that I install cheetahburner and try that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No don't inastall Cheetah Burner. You might just make more of a mess. Try unchecking Enable CD recording on this drive as previously shown. WinXP comes with the Roxio software included and it could cause porblems with using another burning program. By unchecking that box you disable Roxio's attempt to take over the burning.

well that didn't work either. But I truly thank you for all your help. Apparently I have service on this for free, so I have placed a call and someone can come here and change the darn cd burner! Thank you again, all of you for trying to help.

• 2 weeks later...

YAY!!!!! Problem solved...company came and changed my CD burner and my DVD thingy.....and they all work great! Thank you so much, everyone for trying to help me out :) And it didn't cost me a penny either :) well I'm sure it's all built into the price lol