I read some where how to eject a drive when it gets stuck. Who knows this tip? And what is it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How "stuck" is it?

Does the drive work?

There might be an emergency release hole on the drive.

Straightened out paper clip pushed into the small hole in front of drive if it has one.

DVD and CD Repair with Diagnostic Flowcharts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the reply, I did find the answer after a little work with the search here. I was burning all my Cd's to MP3's onto my PC and I guess the Drive just got sick of me opening and shutting it. The Paper clip worked and then I had to reboot to get it to work again.

Works fine now.

Thanks again.

usually the cd or dvd doesn't open because the program that you are using hasn't let go of the control, most likely a write program. It can alo be opened very often by going in to task manager and ending task on that program.

In the future, you can also try going into my computer, right click on the drive and select eject. Usually that overrides the button on the front. just a thought.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried that first. Nothing happened then. But the Paperclip and a reboot worked fine.