Upgrading Ram On A Notebook

Well I've been plaing around with the idea to upgrade my RAM on my notebook and it's already 512 with 64mb shared video.

But my local computer store offered me this

Samsung RAM

But then I went to my local Future shop and saw this

Kingston RAM

There both the same PC and mhz but there is the difference in price where the KIngston is near 60 dollars cheaper

I currently have that exact same stick from Samsung in one of 2 slots

Specs:DIMM2: Samsung M4 70L6524BT0-CB3 512 MB PC2700 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz) (2.0-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz)

But I figured for Samsung to ask for near 60 dollars more their most be a performance difference.

So my question is, is there any performance differences between these two sticks (I will want the better performaning one)

Will buy the 512mb sticks not the lower or higher ones.

Thanks.

Yes, but does the Samsung RAM performe better then the Kingston or vice versa or equal?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The advantage of having the same RAM is that you have the same specs on both sticks.

If you are gaming, video editing, or other memory intensive tasks, it is advisable to have sticks from the same manufacturer, not just sticks with the same speed.

Notice these specs

SDRAM (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz) (2.0-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz)

now, if they differ between the two sticks , then you could have problems. Not all the time, but occaisionally when they get out of step with each other by a minute amount.