Hi I have been having problems running half life 2 I can run the game just fine i get no lag or anything but evertime I play after one or two minutes of playing it closes it gives me the error message "the instruction at '0x241f94f7' referenced memory at '0x00fe0cc0' the memory could not be 'read'" and closes the game any help would be greatly appreciated.

The comps stats are:

939 amd 3000+

MSI RS480M2/RX480M2 (MS-7093)

2x512 ddr corsair

Sapphire RADEON X700 PRO

Tell me if you need to know anything else that would help.

Edited by alluro

i cannot find anything just yet about this, but some other boards i have searched asked if the graphics card, and the cpu have been overclocked (even if by a tiny bit) that they ought to be returned to normal. another suggestion would be to un-install and re-install the game. when you do this, make sure all programs running in the background are turned off, like anti virus, etc,screensaver, etc,etc.

you seem to have enough ram. i am not familiar with that brand of video card, so, how much ram does that video card have? (if in your spec list, i am currently not viewing it here).

Hi I have been having problems running half life 2 I can run the game just fine i get no lag or anything but evertime I play after one or two minutes of playing it closes it gives me the error message "the instruction at '0x241f94f7' referenced memory at '0x00fe0cc0' the memory could not be 'read'" and closes the game any help would be greatly appreciated.

The comps stats are:

939 amd 3000+

2x512 ddr corsair

Sapphire RADEON X700 PRO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the same problem. I updated the drivers on my graphics card and everything was fine. If that doesnt help, go here http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/st...&p_sid=KK3ObKNh

The comps stats are:

939 amd 3000+

2x512 ddr corsair

Sapphire RADEON X700 PRO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would update the graphics card drivers first. Is anything Overclocked? Do you have programs running in the back ground? Turn off any including screensavers. Try a lower setting on the game for testing purposes.

• 2 years later...

The comps stats are:

939 amd 3000+

2x512 ddr corsair

Sapphire RADEON X700 PRO

Fixing the Memory error when playing Half-Life 2 in Windows XP SP2

==================================================================

By Sam Raheb, December 28, 2007

Windows XP Pro SP2 Error prompt:

The instruction at "0x241f94f7" referenced memory at "0x0e54f41c". The memory could not be "read".

From researching the internet, this error is apparently associated with Paged Pool Memory (PPM). It seems like other programs or devices are using too much of the allocated PPM. So you need to either increase the amount of PPM or find and remove / disable the programs or devices using too much of the allocated PPM to play Half-Life 2.

The easy way that works is to increase the amount of PPM.

You can manually set the PPM pool size via the Registry [Windows default value is 0 (Hexadecimal)].

To make the change, use Window's Regedit.

1) Start>Run, type in "regedit" (without quotes as always) and hit enter.

2) Navigate to this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\Memory Management

3) Double click on the "PagedPoolSize" key.

4) Enter these values to set the size:

192Mb - 0c000000

256Mb - 10000000 (fixed PPM for Sam's XPS ccomputer on 12/28/2007, original hex value was 0)

384Mb - 18000000

256MB should be enough. 192MB didn't work for me, so just experiment.

5) Reboot

Instead of manually editing the Registry to make PPM change, you can create a simple Registry file (.reg) using the following code.

Registry code to Set the PagedPoolSize to 256Mb - 10000000 (Example file name: Game_Add_PPM.reg):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

"PagedPoolSize"=dword:10000000

Registry code to Restore the PagedPoolSize back to 0 (Example file name: Game_Restore_PPM.reg):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management]

"PagedPoolSize"=dword:00000000

Remember to Reboot for the change to become effective.

Playing Half-Life 2

-------------------

If you created the two registries files as stated previously, then perform the following to play Half-Life 2:

(1) Run the Game_Add_PPM.reg file to set the PPM.

(2) Reboot

(3) Play Half-Life 2

(4) Run the Game_Restore_PPM.reg file to restore the PPM.

(5) Reboot

Steps (4) and (5) are optional. I needed to perform Steps (4) and (5) in order to re-enable my Ramdrive.