I could be wrong but I was thinking Ad-Aware will delete those after a scan if you choose to do it.......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Il, I just downloaded and ran this program. Looks like Ad-aware could learn something from it. Ad-aware at times gets 21 items(MRU) and this program on the first scan found 337 items on my system. Looks good to me.

Unless you commonly share your computer with others or are paranoid that the authorities are going to knock down your door to find the last Adobe PDF file you read (for example), MRU's aren't anything to worry about.

They are usually usefull, such as a program being able to access the last directory you used, or files you commonly use being available in menus (rather than having to navigate a 'browse' dialog box).

Some caveats are if you steal files or if you have material you fear someone will find. There may be trails of where you last stored or viewed those files. Eliminating all those MRU's would be one small step toward eliminating those trails.

Many of those type of programs report MRU's that are rarely used, if ever, just so they can claim a high 'hit' rate. Take that Adobe PDF list, even if you haven't opened any PDF's some programs will still suggest you 'clear' the MRU, even though it's may already be empty. Just sayin', take those high numbers with a grain of salt; The lists may not be important, and they may not even contain any information.