Digital Photography

Anyone use a Canon 10D around here?

I do and love it.

I'm using a Canon 28-35 f3.5-4.5 presently.

I want to get something with a wide angle, perhaps a prime (so I can get better wide angle photos of my (almost) finally completed kitchen among other things).

Also a zoom of about 70-300?

Any ideas?

I looked at some Canons and Sigmas.

By the way, anyone interested in a Photography forum on this site?

Might be nice.

Joe

Hi Joe!! Yes, we need some pictures of that kitchen!! I must admit that I use the plain old fashioned disposable cameras, but I think a photography site would be great here--you should PM Jeff about it! Especially if a "photo album" can be included--I love looking at photography. Bozodog has some beautiful sunset photos, and she also seems to know her cameras. I'm pretty sure she'll spot this topic!!

Liz

I do and love it.

I want to get something with a wide angle, perhaps a prime (so I can get better wide angle photos of my (almost) finally completed kitchen among other things).

Any ideas?

Might be nice.

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd like it. West side of Oahu is almost desert like.

sentinel9qh.jpg

I do and love it.

Any ideas?

Might be nice.

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can I use my polaroid square shooter?? :matrix:

I do and love it.

Any ideas?

Might be nice.

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd like it. West side of Oahu is almost desert like.

sentinel9qh.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is it just me or does that look a polar bear drinking a oldie time pepsi? te he he he.

Hi Joe!!  Yes, we need some pictures of that kitchen!!  I must admit that I use the plain old fashioned disposable cameras, but I think a photography site would be great here--you should PM Jeff about it!  Especially if a "photo album" can be  included--I love looking at photography.  Bozodog has some beautiful sunset photos, and she also seems to know her cameras.  I'm pretty sure she'll spot this topic!!

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Liz.

Yes, the very neglected Kitchen photos!

Actually I do have quite a few, but for some reason have been derilict in updateing the blog. Probably because the work almost killed me. LOL

I will post them soon and let you know when I do. The kitchen is 95% finished and looks really good. I've been having more back problems the last 3 weeks and EVERYTHING is a chore to do now.

I'd like to see a Photo centric section on BestTechie. After all, the new digitals are certainly DIGITAL. Some of the hardware is as complicated as "computers".

And a place to post pics would be nice too.

In the meantime, check out Photo. net.

Joe

Weee! I just got my new camera. I had sent my Minolta DiMage 5 out for repairs, and they offered me a DiMage A7 for the price of the repairs in exchange, because they didn't know when they would get the needed repair part. *dances... So the up grade took me from 3.2 megapixels to 8 and many more functions including 30fps movies and audio. Whooo dang Hooo!

Joe, I just spotted a 70x300 lens at our Meijers store yesterday for $159. Also try your local camera shop(s) to find a used one. Or even the classifieds in the newspaper.

My hot daymn new camera

Weee! I just got my new camera. I had sent my Minolta DiMage 5 out for repairs, and they offered me a DiMage A7 for the price of the repairs in exchange, because they didn't know when they would get the needed repair part. *dances... So the up grade took me from 3.2 megapixels to 8 and many more functions including 30fps movies and audio. Whooo dang Hooo!

Joe, I just spotted a 70x300 lens at our Meijers store yesterday for $159. Also try your local camera shop(s) to find a used one. Or even the classifieds in the newspaper.

My hot daymn new camera

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congrats!

Very nice camera!

I'm going to go to Ritz and see what my options are as far as lenses. A 70-300 would be nice.

Joe

28mm is all ready pretty wide, are you looking for a fisheye? A good lens under 28 mm with little distortion can be very expensive. Maybe you could do a quicktime VR.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually most DSLRs use a multiplier to convert the image to the CMOS ( digital "film").

Mine happens to be 1.6. So a 28 mm lens is equivelant to a 45 mm on a conventional film camera. Not very wide.

This multiplier is great on the other end. A 300 mm lens acts like a 450mm.

But it makes it harder to get wide angles. I'll have to get something around 16 mm.

And you're right, they are expensive.

Joe