:)

I am new here just came from G4 tv tech forums because they are closing it . :angry2: I am thinking of staying here and being part of this forum first I need to test everyone.

I need the best CPU cooling device out there, not water cooled because I heard that they arnt very good and not worth the money.

What ever you guys find make sure that it is somthing that is not external but stays inside the computer. because I like going to lan partys often and moving it around.

I like overclocking so find somthing that can cool alot of heat

Intel proccessor 3.0 GHZ LGA775 socket

Madbob, just wanted to say, when we respond to peoples threads we try to include links :D :D :D.

ampshock, you overclock a lot, so probably getting a good stock heatsink and a maybe 4-5 fans (if space permits) will suffice. Also, try your best not to obstruct air circulation by using rounded IDE cords (if you are building a new computer, usually rounded cords cost the same as ribbon) and good placement. Other than that, don't overclock TOO much and you should be fine.

I need the best CPU cooling device out there, not water cooled because I heard that they arnt very good and not worth the money.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you hear that? A cool WC setup can be not only very cool, but also quiet. It isn't easy (never done it, gonna wait til my next comp), because frankly the kits are bad. Instead of trying to explain it in my tired state I'll just point you over to this guide, if you do look into it more there are some other good, part-specific threads on that page. As for air cooling, both the thermalright coolers are good, if you get a xp120 (what I would recommed, the bigger fan will push more air, make more pressure, and be quieter), I would reccomen a Panflo fan (120*38mm, I'll pull up some links tomorrow).

Since you are going to lan parties (I read that after typing the rest up XD), I would go air cooling, moving the WC setup around alot could be quite a hassle.

As for case cable management, I could give you some tips and try to find some stuff on that later too, but what most people do it cut holes in the metal board inbetween their motherboard and back case panel, then you can run the IDE etc. cables from the motherboard directly behind the motherboard to the appropiate drive, like so (not my case, mine is very messy). If you have dremel, it will make cutting the holes pretty easy.

Lastly, if you do with air cooling be sure to pick up some ArticSilver5, which is about 5-10/shipping online. A tube will last you a long time;as you only need to put a small amount on the chip, or it will actually have a negative effect on temps.

One more thing: have you thougth about a VC cooler as well? Dunno what card you have, but just throwing it out there.

Water cooling is great but very $$$, the negative side on water cooling, they tend to have a leak but that is rare case but it can spark a fire or FRIED your computer.

That why some people have a method to test for leaks before putting them in the case. one guy put his radtitor in bucket of water, but using a compressed air in it and test if see any bubbles out of it

Water cooling is great but very $$$, the negative side on water cooling, they tend to have a leak but that is rare case but it can spark a fire or FRIED your computer.

That why some people have a method to test for leaks before putting them in the case. one guy put his radtitor in bucket of water, but using a compressed air in it and test if see any bubbles out of it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you just bleed the system (I think that's the right term; run the pump overnight and put paper or somethere where the parts should be) overnight and don't find any leaks/air bubbles it should be fine. But if he's going to a lot of lan parties, then that just increases the risk of something going wrong during all the moving.

Have you taken a look at Overclockers.com?

I think you'll find a lot of hands-on information there.

I have no first-hand experience on this, but if you want an opinion...

Since you mention moving this system around I'd want to avoid water or freon and stick to air cooling.

I'd be worried about connectors and seals generating leaks from moving around with any fluid/sealed gas setup.

Have you taken a look at Overclockers.com?

I think you'll find a lot of  hands-on information there.

I have no first-hand experience on this, but if you want an opinion...

Since you mention moving this system around I'd want to avoid water or freon and stick to air cooling.

I'd be worried about connectors and seals generating leaks from moving around with any fluid/sealed gas setup.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The thread I linked hiim to was from overclockers.com's forums :P

Instead of trying to explain it in my tired state I'll just point you over to this guide, if you do look into it more there are some other good, part-specific threads on that page.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

spazmich,

I must be blind.

I don't see any link (you were going to add one).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:P

Water-cooling is the best way to cool. but it does have its disadvantages

1.Price

2.possible leaks

This is very important

always Pre assemble an test for leaks before you actually run it threw big dollar equipment

The trick here is to know what water cooling system is the best performers for the lowest bucks.

First let me list a store that you will find Mostcooling hardware out on the market

Hardcorecooling.com

Next with stick with the title HARD

and take you to a site that knows all about cooling and overclocking.

Hardocp.com

Now you will find many article on water cooling systems and air cooled options at that site and as well the site i list under.

Ocweekly.com

Overclockers.com

overclockersclub

Hardcoreware.net

But some of my favorite cooling options usually come from

Thermaltake.com

They have great choices water and air options. and heck some of them even make your system look great.

Been using their products for several years and never had a complaint..

(one of the manufactures i use i should say)