Frame Design

Hi everyone

I've designed a frame style that I think I'm going to be using for my web site and I thought I'ld post it here for review and comments.

The idea is to have 3 to 5 main stories on the front page, in these frames and have them stacked on top of each other, with some slight seperation of course.

I think this design is crisp and clean, and easy on the eyes. I made it in a somewhat "folder" style, since folders are supposed to hold useful information, and thats what my site is going to do.

I've been going back and forth with a buddy of mine, a true Windows expert....my mentor so to speak, hence the name in the author feild. The bottom area may possible hold a URL to a site with more on the story or the source of the information for more info to the reader.

I think the site style is going to be mainly white with blue accents, I think white maintains a professional look more than any other color, but it also needs something to offset it. The blue is cool and crisp, not hard on the eyes, and frames the text nicely.

What do you all think?

Be honest now...I can take it....really...(grabs a tissue box and prepares self)

post-152-1124132782_thumb.jpg

Hey! I like it. Something new and different. But *please, please* dump the blue. (what is it with blue sites?)

It is said that green is the most restful color for the human eye.

Green has great healing power. It can soothe pain.

People who work in green environments have fewer stomach aches.

Green is beneficial around teething infants.

Suicides dropped 34% when London's Blackfriar Bridge was painted green.

Vera Blue:

Yes, there are short term affects. Personality plays a powerful in long term physiological affects. Extroverted individuals require brighter colors,more colors, engaging shapes, and other sources of stimulation to *maintain equilibrium.* To attempt to calm a hyperactive person in a blue, monochromatic, or otherwise unstimulating environment, will only make her/him more agitated in the long run. Likewise, an introvert will not blossom into an outgoing personality in an energized environment.S/he will go stark raving mad....eventually.

Color Positives Negatives

Red Passion, strength, energy, fire, love, sex, excitement, speed, heat, leadership, masculinity, power Danger, fire, blood, war, anger, revolution, radicalism, aggression, stop

Blue Seas, skies, stability, peace, unity, harmony, tranquility, calmness, coolness, confidence, water, ice, loyalty, conservatism, dependability, cleanliness, technology, winter Depression, coldness, obscenity, conservatism, technology, ice, winter

Green Nature, spring, fertility, youth, environment, wealth, money (US), good luck, vigor, generosity, go, grass Inexperience, envy, misfortune, jealousy, money, illness, greed

Yellow Sunlight, joy, happiness, optimism, idealism, wealth (gold), summer, hope, air Cowardice, illness (quarantine), hazards, dishonesty, avarice

Purple Elegance, sensuality, spirituality, creativity, wealth, royalty, nobility, ceremony, mystery, wisdom, enlightenment Cruelty, arrogance, mourning, profanity, exaggeration, confusion

Orange Energy, balance, heat, fire, enthusiasm, flamboyance, playfulness Warning, danger, fire

White Reverence, purity, snow, peace, innocence, cleanliness, simplicity, security, humility, marriage, sterility, winter Coldness, sterility, clinical, surrender, cowardice, fearfulness, winter

Black Power, sophistication, formality, elegance, wealth, mystery, style Evil, death, fear, anonymity, anger, sadness, remorse, mourning, unhappiness, mystery

Think nature, there are very few "invision blue" flowers in the world....

Hi BD

Thx for the feedback.

I know blue is an often used color, but I think it conveys the message "Technology" also.

I'm still going to try out a few more tho and see what I can come up with. The main color theme will still be white, that won't change because I believe white gives a more professional look to a site.

Thx again BD

Have to agree with bozodog on the blue.

For me anyway, that shade is to hard on the old eyes.

Maybe a lighter shade, not so harsh.

Other than that, it looks good.

I like the idea of using the bottom tab, for a link to more info.

Have to agree with bozodog on the blue.

For me anyway, that shade is to hard on the old eyes.

Maybe a lighter shade, not so harsh.

Other than that, it looks good.

I like the idea of using the bottom tab, for a link to more info.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't agree more...the blue is good and all and represent TECH like you mentioned, but needs a little bet more fun added to it...not a Rainbow type of skin, but maybe fades of blue, from left to middle to right...3 tone possibly

Thanx again for the input folks!

I'm playing around with different color schemes somewhat, and I'll post some new ideas later maybe.

I like the style of the frame itself, and it came to me rather easily really...surprising. Now all I have to do is to figure out how to code it so it looks that way...;)

It does look good, Chappy!! I like the idea of that bottom tab being used for something like links, or comments, maybe??

I'm being an oddball, now that blue is a little harsh, but the softer toned greyblues are easy on these ol' eyes. Having astigmatism, high contrasts give me a headache. Just no G4 orange, ok?? :)

Liz