Im Avatar Site

My daughter was looking for avatars and keeps hearing about "iconator.com"...It looks to be availabe to all IMs.

Has anybody used their site? i did a google and saw no neg. info reguarding spy/mal yet! Actually i only found 2 pages about iconator while googling.

BTW..Gotta say..We don't use AIM...

Hi Echobay!!

Been a while!! *waves*. Don't know a thing about Iconator, but if Daughter doesn't use AIM yet, she will, she will.....just a warning :thumbsup: We started out with ICQ, but seems all my kid's friends use AIM....(and thankfully, so far, so good, but I still don't trust anything made by AOL)

Liz

Hi Echobay!! 

Been a while!! *waves*.  Don't know a thing about Iconator, but if Daughter doesn't use AIM yet, she will, she will.....just a warning :thumbsup: We started out with ICQ, but seems all my kid's friends use AIM....(and thankfully, so far, so good, but I still don't trust anything made by AOL)

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

May I suggest this then??

Gaim will allow you to do AIM without junk.

Thanks, Tenmm,

I've heard really good things about Gaim!! Going to relay this info to the kids! Oh, Trillian, too, is one better than the other? They seem to be pretty much the same from what I read. Son downloaded Middleman for AIM (I don't know what it is, except that for some reason he likes it....) Do you know if Middleman would work with Gaim? If it does, it'll "sweeten the pot".... ;)

Liz

Hey blim...(Wavin' )

Nope we don't use AIM for our IM... i'm familiar with 'em though ;) Daughter has alot of buddies that use it.We've used ICQ for IM'ing. But it was weighing down the computer to much.We have "Trillian" now. Just love it so far!

She'd been hearing her AIM buddies chanting "iconator" everytime she liked one of their avatars...DOH... i've had to clean up a couple of her buddies' computers. Safe to say... i don't a trust their judgement! i send them off with 10 hail googles and "our most recommended tools " (Ok...The" think before you link" tatoo was my idea...It was a bad idea :blink: But their scars are healing nicely :D )

Anyway...Daughter found out "iconator" is also for Non- AIM users (i see's she's learning to read the fine print) this could be a win-win situation ...i found her some avatar/icon sites off our IM's options links. She found one that she "sorta likes". She seems satisfied right now. i'm just glad she's giving though to what she clicks on!

Luck on your search for an IM...Thanks !

Hey tenmm...

You use GAIM? i've moved to Trillian... i've been chanting GAIM to her li'l AIM Buddies...Her particular crew seems very... What's that word? Oh yeah clueless! LOL... No... Not really that bad. But, they are more interested in the net as a recreation rather then gaining tech info.That's a fact! i've tried to guide my daughter to learn her machine first. See what i'm up against? :lol:

Ive used both Gaim and Trillian, and Trillian is by far the better im client. I upgraded to pro and havnt looked back. The things that anoied me was like the whole user list on gaim pops up when somebody signs on/off. Where as with trillian its the small window at the bottom right or w/e (yes i know you can expand gaim with extentions and what not but it didnt work for me even after hours of work!).

Also Gaim doesnt support video/audio fully, so that might be a deciding point for you. (nor does the basic version of trillian only the pro version)

/me thinks of what else

Both support pretty much every major protocall, yim, aim, msn. And on both you can choose which ones you want to install/enable.

In my opinion trillian is the better smoother operating All In One wonder.

Pierce