I just skimmed the article (will read it better when I get more time) but I sure like the idea of flooding the spammer's servers :thumbsup: I'm lucky, I don't get much spam at all, I actually have had good luck with the 'unsubscribe' feature, but I know some folks have terrible problems. Nice article, Marty! Thanks

Liz

I just skimmed the article (will read it better when I get more time) but I sure like the idea of flooding the spammer's servers :thumbsup:  I'm lucky, I don't get much spam at all, I actually have had good luck with the 'unsubscribe' feature, but I know some folks have terrible problems.  Nice article, Marty!  Thanks

Liz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

me neither i get very few spam mails now

but like the others i used to get many and much

but i learned how to configure the OE

message rules

at first it didnt make much difference

but as i perservered it has

dwindled to a trickle

mainly those dam

naughty mails.and

the pharmacys trying to sell me pills.

but for the sake of the new users

i hope this article helps

those who are less experienced

than you and i

marty

It is a good idea to have at the very least two e-mail addy's. One for personal use and one as a throw away address. I use my second one for all correspondence that I am not quite sure about. Such as entering contests or anything related to a site (I am not quite sure about) that requires my e-mail address being submitted. That way personal e-mails and others that might bring in spam, are not mixed together.

If I am registering a trusted product (program) or registering on a trusted site. I use my personal one.

It is also always best to not open any un-solicited spam e-mails. They then know that they have found a legitmate address. In the worst cases, these can be laden with virus'. Also, do not ever click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of spam e-mails. That will verify that your e-mail addres is legit too. Spam e-mailer's trade and sell e-mail address', which multiplies the amount of spam you receive. Take my word on that. I have been there. I was receiving hundreds of spam e-mails daily. To where I had to trash an e-mail address. And start fresh.

Treat spam as if it were a stranger knocking on your door. Now you would not open the door to a stranger, would you. ;)

It is a good idea to have at the very least two e-mail addy's. One for personal use and one as a throw away address. I use my second one for all correspondence that I am not quite sure about. Such as entering contests or anything related to a site (I am not quite sure about) that requires my e-mail address being submitted. That way personal e-mails and others that might bring in spam, are not mixed together.

If I am registering a trusted product (program) or registering on a trusted site. I use my personal one.

It is also always best to not open any un-solicited spam e-mails. They then know that they have found a legitmate address. In the worst cases, these can be laden with virus'. Also, do not ever click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of spam e-mails. That will verify that your e-mail addres is legit too. Spam e-mailer's trade and sell e-mail address', which multiplies the amount of spam you receive. Take my word on that. I have been there. I was receiving hundreds of spam e-mails daily. To where I had to trash an e-mail address. And start fresh.

Treat spam as if it were a stranger knocking on your door. Now you would not open the door to a stranger, would you. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree with you.

i have 3 addys and my personal one i get nothing through it

other than personal mail

but the other 2 i leave on my web mail.

and dose not come to my in box .

i threatened my isp to go some where else.

because i thought they were selling my email addresses.

they assured me they werent.

their reply was it isnt good bizness to have

uncertain customers.

as that is the time they are likely to leave.

and go some where else.

ive been with them since ive had a compt.

and im reluctant to leave as when i first got this compt,

if i had problems i could take it to them .

and they would fix it .

now of course they have to many customers

to do that now.

but i can still ring them and get advice.

so im stuck between a rock and a hardplace

that is what loyalty is all about

marty