Hey everyone!

I'm sure you've noticed my absence for the last few days, I was busy getting every little thing on my computer burned to disk, and wiped everything clean.

I had years of clutter spanning over 6 partitions and I was sick of it!!

Stuff I haven't looked at in years, and piles of old installers and useless crud. So I took some time to go thru absolutely everything, transfered all the stuff I wanted to keep into burnable sized folders on a new partition, and backed it all up onto CD's.

Then 2 passes with Active KillDisk on both HDD's, and start out completely fresh again.

Everything has gone super smooth so far, and its a good deal faster without all the years of junk gunking things up.

I always defrag right after I load the AV and firewall, and then after every few other program loads to make sure everything stays in a nice tight package.

I had 15 CD's of stuff to burn, but only a fraction of that is going back on. It sure is nice to have all this space again, now...its time to start filling it with new crap...;)

I did something similar one time, amazing the difference it makes but the speed gains seem to drop off proportionally to the new crap we install :lol::lol:

Kinda reminds me of George Carlin's "Stuff Monologue"---your house is full of stuff, so you get a bigger house, and .......space for......more stuff! Good for you, Chappy for getting your springcleaning done!!

Liz

Dang! My Brit did that to me shortly after he moved in.. I *hated* it! Too much time spent just reorganizing. (think I still have stuff I wanted but can't remember... ) Must admit though, I am better organized, just have to tackle the pics file. Ewwww!

yeah, we forget just how badly little chunks of files get scattared throughout the system, lost in the endless void of the great spinning disc. on the old macs we had to do it every so often too. it was incredible just how much peppier your computer got after wiping the HD and doing a full reinstall. so much work too and so many junk files just laying around, like dirty underwear that you forgot about. :D :D :D :D sorry i had to say it.

Hey everyone!

I'm sure you've noticed my absence for the last few days, I was busy getting every little thing on my computer burned to disk, and wiped everything clean.

I had years of clutter spanning over 6 partitions and I was sick of it!!

Stuff I haven't looked at in years, and piles of old installers and useless crud. So I took some time to go thru absolutely everything, transfered all the stuff I wanted to keep into burnable sized folders on a new partition, and backed it all up onto CD's.

Then 2 passes with Active KillDisk on both HDD's, and start out completely fresh again.

Everything has gone super smooth so far, and its a good deal faster without all the years of junk gunking things up.

I always defrag right after I load the AV and firewall, and then after every few other program loads to make sure everything stays in a nice tight package.

I had 15 CD's of stuff to burn, but only a fraction of that is going back on. It sure is nice to have all this space again, now...its time to start filling it with new crap...;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe I should do that...There are a bunch of programs that i can't uninstall even though there files contain nothing, and probably useless junk on my machine as well....hmmm....

As for the amount of cds, perhaps you should consider buying a DVD burner, those are great!

I think it's important to know you acknowledged and loved while they were alive, grief and tears after death is too late. God bless all the great parents out there that raised such a wonderful community as is found here. And are raising the next genenration of caring, considerate, loving, people.