Msi Nx6600gt-vtd128 Geforce 6600gt 128mb

Is it worth it??

Looking at this card for my new system,I do not know a whole lot about upper end cards other than what I have read in reviews.

I would like your opinions.

If you feel the card is wrong or I could do better let me know.

If you think the card is good let me know.

I Thank You for the input..... B)

Hi Tenmm,

Now, you know I'm a big noob :rolleyes: --but when we bought this idiot box (a Dell 4550) my Techy nephew insisted we order it with a GeForce 64mb instead of the one it was supposed to come with (betcha in 2003, 128mb wasn't invented yet) He just said "you need this, its important" and I just said, "ok"

And I've read many a post of folks having awful trouble with their computer and they were traced to bad video cards--that tells me this is a part where quality is important.

But shop carefully. I've noticed that this time of year, there aren't many good specials because folks are buying stuff for Bar Mitzvahs and Graduation Presents--good time for the manufacturers to make a profit!

Liz

Looks pretty good, although I understand agp slots will be going the yway of dinosaurs in the near future. Can't say too much about that though cause I just got an ATI all in wonder agp card in February. Using it for a tivo type comp system. I didn't look at all the rest of your components but I have never had any problems with nvidia chipsets.

blim and robroy I thank you for the replys.

Not sure about AGP going away but it has been surpassed by PCI :o

The new high end cards are so varied and yet nearly the same,I am haveing a bit of trouble making up my mind :(

No problem martymas join in if you want. :D