Tss Crew May Be Doomed

most of the old TSS crew are doing similar projects in the sense of doing what they did on TSS but on their own.

my question to you is what was it that made TSS so enjoyable to watch for so many people?

i think that one part of it was that we got attached to the people, almost like watching characters in a movie. you enjoy watching even their day to day escapades in the form of tech. the other was the amount of content and the large range of content to watch. i personally feel that there was several times where i didn't get enough of 1 but i and i didn't care about others but i still watched to see it all because of the characters. but now they just don't have that anymore. they still have their small groups but it still just don't feel the same.

Hi Macmarauder!

I started watching TSS for the education, although CFH was more my speed, a LOT of TSS went over my head--but every once in a while I was sitting in front of the TV, writing notes (I learned to have pen and paper handy for those 2 shows!)

But the blend of "characters" were endearing--Patrick with his quiet knowledge (and his kilt), Leo was sometimes the "pompous knowitall", Kevin was the naughty one, and Dan was the "little brother",---and Sarah tried to keep them all in line.

I think that cast was what gave this show its appeal, as it started going downhill when the group dynamics were broken. If they weren't showing their true personalities, they sure were good actors! And I wish them all the good fortune they deserve, they've earned it.

Liz

I watched TSS all the time because I LEARNED stuff!!

It was always informative and interesting.

I can't watch anything on the current network.

I miss Leo!

I really liked the old TSS, the interactions between Pat and Leo were what made me tune in. Plus the tech content with Kevin and Yoshi and the unusual guest line-ups they had made it worthwhile to watch. When Leo and Pat left I watched for some time, but, it wasn't the same.

I sure hope that Pat and Leo have a show again in the future. I would certainly tune into TSS- reloaded :D

didnt you just regard them as tv characters

put there to draw the chanel watchers

when i first a saw techtv

leo and kevin wasnt even thought off

chris perrillo .becky worley were .original presenters

i dont understand why americans idolise the presenters.

when they are there to do a job .

which any one with tech knowledge can do.

tss and c.f.h

went through a lot of staff .

there were females who were just as technically adept

as leo.

a lot of them have gone on to get good jobs .

i know 2 of them are now compt tech advisers to cnn.

becky worley had been on g4 and posted and congratulated us on blending in to

the g4 invirement.

cindy wakeman

has also been to g4.

asking how do you get,

hjt so she could demonstrate .

how to delete it the properway .

to an audience .

of a well known techtv chanel.

so to me they are just tv presenters

marty

I stopped watching TSS when G4 took over. It was not the same. I'm not a game player, so it was not informative to me anymore.

The old TSS and CFH I watched as much as I could, because there are times that you just need that visual instruction. I learned a lot watching both of these. I had my favorite personalities, but that was not the main reason for watching. I watched to learn and miss it.

I hope that someday a program comes on that is similiar to both of these.

Barb B)