Guys,

So for some dumb reason I hit the restore from 'last known good' option to restore to an old save point. What I didn't realize was just how old thta point was. Using the machine has slowly realized what a mistake this has been.

many major apps no longer start at all. many apps crap out when they make calls to other apps (rpc.dll). The overall system performance has degraded significantly.

Oh, and I realized that the reason I restored to begin with was a mistake all along.

So the question is, is there a way to undo a 'last known good (LKG)' command?

(windows XP SP1, Looking in System Volume info I see RP308 through RP311 all with dates after the LKG, but with some files earlier)

Any help would be great, otherwise I will wipe and re-image.

ASK

Try this.

Undoing a Restoration

Reversing Restoration if you can boot your computer:

Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore. Click "Undo my last restoration", next. Click Ok to the

screen message after the reboot.

Reversing Restoration if you cannot boot your computer:

Boot into safe mode, follow the help screen and choose, "Undo my last restoration".

Hey JSKY

Sure would be nice if they at least posted whether it worked or not eh...

Way back when I used to ask questions on multiple forums, after I found the solution I would post in all the other forums and tell them I had it fixed and what the fix was.

I figured it was good etiquette to tell all the folks who took the time to answer my posts on all the different forums, what had worked and what didn't. Sure wish others thought the same way I do about this...

Ya, It would be nice. But I figure if they don't complain it didn't work and what else to try. That it must have done the trick.

Ya, It would be nice. But I figure if they don't complain it didn't work and what else to try. That it must have done the trick.

I guess so eh...;)

Oh well, that was this members only post here so I hope they got it fixed.

Later my friend!