the company i work for is a Aircraft Repair Company. The computer i ran Hijack on is one of the directors of Maintence. He is one of the big guys in the company. His IE browser is really acting weird. I ran the anti's yesterday to clean it and removed serveral different items. Here is what the browser still looks like though

Button, Icons, LINKS, and Pictures are about 35% bigger than they normally should be when the TEXT SIZE (under View) is at smallest. When at medium, a single avatar sized picture will take up the whole browser window. The typed text on a web page that isn't a hyperlink or clickable item, is the correct size.

I am not sure what the problem is exactly. This might be a windows support forum concern now, but i need to have the log checked. And maybe you can help with this one. The system tray icons are so small i can't mouse over them to find out what they are. This all started about 2 months ago when he learned about Limewire at home and wanted to download it here at work without my knowing.

I may have him switch browsers for the time being until we can function with the IE. I use FF everywhere and might suite him better, but for the M$ sharepoint web hosting we use, it doesn't agree with FF, so he needs IE...

Thanks for you Help

This is also posted in the Hijack Log forum, because at first it was a hijacking issue with the IE browser. Now it has developed into something more. If anyone can add assistance please do so, and I thank you very much for any guidance you can give me...

Hey Murtu52,

I un-installed IE6 completely from the system, and installed FF 1.03. For right now i am leaving IE6 uninstalled and have all the plug-ins that he needs to run his daily work course and visit the M$ Sharepoint website that house company uses as internal communication. With I installed FF 1.03 it need a simple active-x plugin to run the detail of the M$ site...

If and When i re-install IE6, I'll post any updates to returning to default or if it happens to stay the culprit...hehe...

Thanks

Well It might not be off the system without someway of bringing it back, but It is not in access for the director to use. I don't you can get rid of the IE with out removing certain registry keys...and we all know how that goes...

Hi Vile_DR

IE must remain installed completely for Windows Updates to work and for the settings in Automatic Updates to function.

With any portion of IE uninstalled, the machine will not auto-update if this setting is applied, and will not work at Windows Update.

I recommend that IE be reinstalled on this machine but not used if thats what you want.

How to Reinstall or Repair IE

LOL...you know what chappy you are a day late my friend. I found that out yesterday when there was a Malware removal tool update and i couldn't get it and it kept prompting me to install ***.dll file. I assumed it was an IE file and sure enough as soon as i got it back on the computer and Update ran fine.

Thanks for the concern though. I am glad you guys always continue to help