Ok I have a problem with my Firefox and IE browser I can't see some images on sites and .gif's wont shine or do anything else, heres an example of what is happening. As you can see in the Pic everythnig is loaded proper, but sill I can't see a few images.

I have Win XP Pro and am using Firefox 1.0.3 and IE 6 w SP2

http://img195.echo.cx/my.php?image=see4es.jpg

P.S. All of this started happening at once after I updated to Firefox 1.0.3 what should I do backtrack?

AAHHHHHH! *&(*&(*! RRRRRR! :angry::angry:

i see what you meant earlier and of course this happens right when we were getting close to finishing that .gif animation.

(breath in, breath out)

Aaaa .... Hooo ....

well at least we know that it wasn't my animation. first scan your HD for viruses and spyware, including emails just in case. i'm on a mac but i have had a windows virus get on and hide in my system once before. i've noticed alot of people having problems with the new update of FF. i'll look around and see what i can come up with.

THX mac, I just installed Firefox again and backed up my profile but :( my profile was damaged somehow and I ahve to start all over again with everthing. Also system restore didn't do anything :( :(

P.S. one of the sites I had a problem with before still didn't work but when I downloaded a few exensions and themes it got worser and other sites gave me the same problem

Many of the themes and extensions are having problems with the new update. On my work computer, I had firefox running fine til the update as well. When I reinstalled it with a fresh version without any additives, everything was fine. When I started installing some extensions, that's when things went bad and I could no longer use firefox, even if I uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I'm personally thinking it's something to do with the registry. When This first happened, I hacked ( :D ) the registry on the work computer and took out some of the entries (don't remember which ones now though), and then firefox worked fine. Several days later, it quit working again.

i took the plunge and installed the new FF. arrrrg everything works. especially .gif files. i haven't found anyone else with this exact problem. i did however find out a few answers to the mysteries of the universe in my search. but the more i think of it it does sound like a registry glitch.

I guess the FF people took the plunge a bit too quick :P, BUT why is IE all screwed up too? do you have the same problem Nerelda on your work computer? or is it just me. I'll chck my system for viruses and spyware but I doubt that that is causing the problems.

well i downloaded and installed FF then updated it like yours. i put it on my old PC and one of my old macs and everything works. Martymas is right though, it's not nearly as secure as people think though. i looked all over the place, even the official FF forum and no luck. i agree with Nerelda it sounds like the registry had a brain fart! :D

Edited by macmarauder

So is it just mine that's all screwy? I have no idea why this is happening I could understand if it were acting like it is but IE has the same issue. Also I check my PC for viruses, trojans, spyware, worms etc... So why is this only happening to me and Nerelda?

I'm still using 1.0 because every newer version has given me trouble on windows. On the linux side everything works fine with the latest version

Guess it's something between windows anf ff causing the problem

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sorry about that this whole time ZONE ALARM was the cause of the blocked images, when I updated to the higher level I forgot to click "Show Privacy Advisor" Well everythnig is fine and working as it should. I'm sooo sorry that I came here and bothered all of you guys/gals. I like how Zone Alarm has so many features but hate it because it's defaults are so discretely hidden.

You gotta love that...the simplest little things always are the hardest to find. Glad you can view your images again. At a time I was having similar problem with my Sygate Firewall and BlackICE defender....it wasn't the images is was the links on the pages...