Hi All,

Preparing for SP2 install, ready except for one big thing....Son installed some updates in the past couple months (he was told not to update anything that referred to SP2 yet) and at the time of installation, SP2 wasn't in the description of the updates--we assumed they were "Normal Windows Security Updates".

Anyways....I poked around in the "Ad/Remove Programs" box and discovered a dozen or so of these Hotfixes said SP2 on them--apparently fixes for SP2.

Sooo, should I remove these Hotfixes before I install SP2? Thanks, Liz

I'm no expert, but it sounds like you already have SP2 downloaded and installed...I am pretty sure you can't download updates that you don't have a service pack for...Hopefully someone can add a little more or correct my statements...hehe

Hi Blim

I'm useing XP Home and I had many of those SP2 hotfixes in Add/Remove Programs list along with other hotfixes and "no" I didn't remove any of them.

I just made sure my systems was as clean as possible before downloading SP2.

I also shutdown my firewall(Sygate),anti-virus(Avast) and also Teatimer(Spybot S&D) just before I was about to download SP2.

Good luck and take care.......maybe others can suggest other precautions and preparations to follow as I'm not an expert. ;)