Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

I think the AP is correct: the Nobel committee does occasionally award the prize to encourage people and organizations who've accomplished little or nothing but whose efforts the committee supports.

Agreed. I think the Nobel committee awarded the prize to Obama for inspiring hope and for his as yet unrealized potential to effect positive change in the World.

I think the AP is correct: the Nobel committee does occasionally award the prize to encourage people and organizations who've accomplished little or nothing but whose efforts the committee supports. One outstanding example is Aung San Suu Kyi.

Guess I'd have to see if the AP phrased it, as I thought when I was reading the article, to describe the original intent of the prize, or, as your example and many others show, how it is being used, regardless of the original intent. If the latter I'll give 'em a break. ;)

TT's video points out many other examples like that as well.

The writer of that article should wipe his own ass with it.

What? No sense of humor? It's an amusing article. I actually laughed out loud at the headline. Sure, it degenerates into "just amusing" rather than staying uproarously funny, but sheesh, the author should wipe his ass with it? That's ridiculously harsh. :wacko:

The writer of that article should wipe his own ass with it.

What? No sense of humor? It's an amusing article. I actually laughed out loud at the headline. Sure, it degenerates into "just amusing" rather than staying uproarously funny, but sheesh, the author should wipe his ass with it? That's ridiculously harsh. :wacko:

I have a sense of humour and I thought the article *and* TT_75's comments were funny. This is the world and politics forum after all so a little more leeway is fine here. Sense of humour is often influenced by one's political point of view. Things that you find funny, JDoors, may offend a left-leaning person like me. Just my 2 cents worth:)

And, from the NASCAR side of life comes.......

"Great news for Pres Obama. He watched football all weekend and tomorrow he will receive the Heisman trophy.

Next week he's going to watch NASCAR. Move over, Jimmie Johnson!"

-Michael Waltrip via Twitter

At least there's some humor coming via the White House.....

And, from the NASCAR side of life comes.......

"Great news for Pres Obama. He watched football all weekend and tomorrow he will receive the Heisman trophy.

Next week he's going to watch NASCAR. Move over, Jimmie Johnson!"

-Michael Waltrip via Twitter

At least there's some humor coming via the White House.....

Yep, them Rednecks sur is funny.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

obama-in-mosque.jpg

Today = Iceland

Tomorrow = USA

The greatest song since the Horst Wessel Marching Song >>>>

Edited by sultan_emerr
  • 1 month later...

Just thought I'd mention it. Now I'm off to slam my head against a wall until I forget.

"US President and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Barack Obama received his medal and certificate from Nobel Committee Chairman Thorbjorn Jagland in Oslo yesterday.

Obama acknowledged the controversy over the choice of a wartime president." = ChinaDaily.com.cn

Edited by sultan_emerr

Double standards???

Someone could point out the irony and double standards that is creeping into the Obama administration... but it won't be me. oops!

BarackObama.com = TakingBackOurGovernment,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/10/game-change-bill-clinton

Global CIO: Federal CIO Vivek Kundra's $5Billion Credibility Gap

infopackets.com"]A barely-noticed letter from Yahoo to the U.S. Marshals Service has revealed surveillance policies that allow the US Justice Department to request wiretaps of its users.

---------------

[url="http://www.nytimes.com >>> The government is increasingly monitoring Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites for political protesters. A public interest group has filed a lawsuit to learn more about this monitoring, in the hope of starting a national discussion and modifying privacy laws as necessary for the online era.

The Associated Press is wrong and Lou Dobbs is right. This past weekend, the AP published a story entitled "CNN's Dobbs Under Fire for Hosting 'Birthers'".

The AP began their highly critical story on Dobbs: "He's become a publicity nightmare for CNN, embarrassed his boss and hosted a show that seemed to contradict the network's 'no bias' brand."

And what is Dobbs' "crime?" He has said on air that Obama should release his birth certificate and has had on his show guests who suggested Obama was born outside the U.S.

Dobbs does not believe Obama was born outside the U.S., nor does Newsmax. The evidence indicates he was born in Hawaii. But the indisputable fact is that Obama has not released his birth certificate, which the state of Hawaii issues for all citizens born there. The AP implies that Obama has not released a "long version of his birth certificate." But there is no such thing as a long version of a birth certificate.

Instead, Obama's campaign last year released only his Certification of Live Birth from the state of Hawaii, which is a document that offers a summarized version of the birth certificate. Even state residents born outside the U.S. can get one.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, GOP nominee Sen. John McCain quickly released his birth certificate when liberal bloggers raised questions about his eligibility to be president. McCain was born at a military hospital in Panama.

Obama likewise could put the matter to rest by releasing his actual birth certificate, which would show, among other things, the place of his birth and the doctor who performed the birth procedure.

This information is not provided on the Certification of Live Birth.

As it stands, Obama is the only president in history whose birthplace is unknown to the public – a fact that would be stated on the actual birth certificate. Interestingly, his family has mentioned two different hospitals in Hawaii as the place of birth.

Obama’s refusal to release his birth certificate does mean that Obama remains one of America’s most mysterious and opaque presidents ever.

Obama, for example, has not released many other documents regarding his public and private life.

Many of these documents were sought by reporters, who easily acquiesced when Obama said he would not release them – though most presidential candidates release them as a perfunctory matter.

Among the key documents that Obama continues to shield from the public:

• Obama released just one brief document detailing his personal health. McCain, on the other hand, released what he said was his complete medical file, totaling more than 1,500 pages.

• Obama refused to offer his official papers as a state legislator in Illinois. Nor did he produce correspondence, such as his schedules of appointments or letters from lobbyists, from his days in the Illinois state Senate.

• Obama did not release his client list as an attorney or his billing records. He maintained that he performed only a few hours of legal work for a nonprofit organization with ties to Tony Rezko, the Chicago businessman convicted of fraud in June 2008 but did not release billing records that would prove this assertion.

• Obama ignored requests for his records from Occidental College, where he studied for two years before transferring to Columbia University.

• Obama’s campaign refused to give Columbia, where he earned an undergraduate degree in political science, permission to release his transcripts. Former President George W. Bush and presidential contenders Al Gore and John Kerry all released their college transcripts.

• Obama did not agree to the release of his application to the Illinois State Bar, which would have cleared up intermittent allegations that his application may have been inaccurate.

• Obama did not release records from his time at Harvard Law School.

• During the presidential campaign, McCain’s campaign released a full list of all online donors. Obama’s campaign still has not released the names of those who donated at least one-third of the $750 million he raised.

Ironically, Obama accused the Bush White House of being "one of the most secretive administrations in our history," and chided then-Sen. Hillary Clinton for not releasing her White House schedule

Edited by sultan_emerr