I am having some issues allowing extensions through into outlook. I have added the Level1Remove string, and the Level2Remove string, and i am still unable to view the attachment (.eml). Going thru support.microsoft.com and google.com, i am returned the same information that i have already used. My company will be updating the windows office suites in just a few shorts months, and then I know the easy fix to the solution...remove, reinstall. But for these next few months, no later than May, i need a temp fix so my director is able to view his attachments, specifically .eml.

Thank you for your support, knowledge, and help.

Thanks Mike,

That was one of the first things i tried. I don't have any active scripts running on any of my comps. Just safer that way. I think it has something to do with the config files loaded into outlook after the first install, i run registry checker and it keeps returning oeconfi.msi file. I look thru M$ and google and nothing recognizes the file whatsoever. I think something was renamed, changed, or not install correctly, and this file came out. But this is just resently happening. Before this morning, all the attachments, and emails that i don't have specifically blocked were coming through, but i know now what i have to do, unless anyone else has a suggestion. Thanks for your help and any other help provided ...looks like a fresh install is going to happen.

P.s. I created two Accounts on Besttechie.net not at first realizing it. Both Dr_Vile and Vile_Dr are the same...

Added issue after re-install. I removed the Outlook application, and also removed the Outlook Express component, so i could get a completely new install of M$ Outlook with no existing data wanting to be imported or such. After install Office XP Pro on to this machine, all the email, attachments, and the contacts are all being received and saved, but now I have come across the attachments not being active inside of Outlook. Meaning, Outlook recognizes the attachment file type, associates the application with it, but will not allow me to open it as if it were a desktop icon. I have to save the file to a directory folder, then open the program, selecting the file from File/Open.

Could anyone give me a little bit of advice on to why something like this would occur? It seems that maybe Outlook is blocking the running of the application with the associated file. If this is the case how do i have Outlook unblock the process? Any other suggestions that might keep a attachment link from running in Outlook?

I have only been on the forum for a few weeks, but I have had tremendous help from all the ones involved. I appreciate the tips/tricks/resolutions and hope to become a involved member to help with the experiences I have had. Thanks for you time and effort in helping me, and I'll make sure to return the Favor... :lol:

I didn't even think about checking that, thanks. I am running Computer Associates E-trust Anti-virus program, and it has given me a few problems with Printer/Scanner compatibility so it really wouldn't suprise me. Although the CA AV was updated daily, it didn't agree with scanning the drivers for the device.

I'll post back any updates that I have...if i can find a solution...

Thanks Mac

Have you checked this, or not:

OE / Tools / Options / Security / under Virus Protection /

Un-check "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" /

Apply / OK

Alright TG, great suggestion, actually cleared an issue i didn't even know i had, but didn't solve the opening of the attachment. It has come down to a time sensitive issue, and the computer is old enough. One of the oldest PC's i have on the network :blink: . I am scrapping the computer for parts, and purchasing an newer one :D . After a few minor changes to it yesterday afternoon, it could no longer connect to the domain, and was unable to locate any .dll files that are needed after a re-boot :angry: . The machine has just had it. None of the data was vital and anything that was is located on my server.

Thanks for the Help Guys/Girls (don't wanna leave anyone out). I'll be sure to throw my 2 cents in when i can, and if anything should happen in the "computer world", I am sure i'll be here... B)