Ip (external Not The 192.xxx)

I'm trying to find my IP but because of my firewall and router I think I'm getting the wrong I. This is the external ip I'm talking about if I go to whatismyip.com It will give me a number but If I unplug my router and disable my firewall it will give me a different number which is the real one. Also if I unplug the router and modem for about 30sec wont that give me a new ip? but if I enable my firewall and router I get the same ip as before with the firewall and router on.

Your router is giving you an addy as if you were networked in you home.

192.168.1.1 you

192.168.1.2 machine 2

and so on.

When you connect straight to the net, no router, you will see the addy your isp assigns you, assuming you do not have a static ip (an ip addy that never changes) this will change each time you logon to your isp.

Your isp gives you an addy when you connect through a router but you can't see it.

If you are connected without a router you can get an idea ip the ip "block" your isp is using by connecting checking your ip, disconnecting wait, reconnect. Your ip addy should change each time.

This is not the technical explaination...but... I think you will get the picture.

M