Mount St Helens Volcanic Eruption

Our resident NW active volcano, Mount St Helens, blew steam and ash to about 36, 000 feet about 5:30pm, and a smaller blast about an hour later. Luckily for our metro Portland/Vancouver area, the slight winds were blowing it to the NE away from us.

Had a good view of it from my living room window. Not anything like the massive blows it did in 1980 though.

It did another "made for tv news" event. Usually with the past few months of activity it has been on time for the noon news, but this time it starred for the evening news. Funny timing.

Katu Portland - Mount St Helens

God bless everyone.

Dear Mr. macmarauder,

Actually the scientists said she was just burping yesterday, as she has for several months to a lesser extent. And with much evidence of intestinal distress from her many rumblings that were so intense, that they have registered as swarms of varying levels of earthquakes for months on seismographs, detected from the various patient sensors. Though she does have a bad habit of throwing the sensors off when she burps, or is mad and flings various parts around. Seven of them disappeared yesterday, and we are all hoping she didn't ingest them as that would probably make her feel worse. Also she might take unkindly to anyone putting new ones on anytime soon. Hopefully they are stil intact, just misplaced, and the helicopter grappleing hooks will be able to retrieve and repair them if necessary.

So perhaps you could help us out here in the NW, by concocting a large amount of antacid, or perhaps invent some new specifically designed for this case drug, in your lab, then help us figure out a way to medicate her without making her mad.

She does have a temper, as evidenced by throwing boulders around at times, and even blowing her top in 1980. I think she just wasn't getting enough attention as the youngest (?) member of the Cascadia clan, and that has caused her, and us, considerable concern for her well being, hence all the scientific monitoring, and media attention. But I think she has now managed to make herself sick with all the extra attention and spoiling. So if you could help us, that would be great. Though when the medicine is administered, the Drs will need padded asbestos outfits with helmets, as she has quite a high temperture. Plus specially designed equipment to be sure she gets the proper dosage of the medicine down correctly.

A major undertaking but if successful, will cure the patient, and cause all involved with her to be very greatful, and I am sure, would bode well for the person who found the solution for all her problems. So will you take the case? I am including a chart history for your perusal. And a monitor of her condition that refreshes every 5 minutes, unfortunately it is atmospheric condition sensitive, and also daylight dependant.

Mount St Helens journal history

Mount St Helens monitor

As you can see in the historic chart, versus her current condition, she has been trying to heal herself by regrowing her lost parts which we all hope will soon successfully return her to the beauty she was. Perhaps that plus a cure for her present symptoms, and she will then start to feel more like her former serene self again, and less likely to throw temper tantrums enabling her to mature gracefully.

Thank you sir, for at least looking into helping us with this very special case.

God bless everyone.