Windows Activation Phishing Scheme

I just found this warning by mlegg510 on G4.

Beware of this and all email that wants you to send your private info.

Here is a link to the G4 thread. Please read it and warn others.

This new phishing scheme is in direct reponse to the new Windows Activation rules coming this month, so evidently this scheme is using that as the bait.

Windows Activation Phishing Attempt

Be careful folks, don't fall for any of these schemes.

God bless everyone.

Boy-o-boy.........

And to think there are those who would send their CCard to them.

Now to get down to business.

I will need $2000.00 sent to my mailing account to ensure your copy of Windows 3.1 is activated. Without this important activation, you will not be able to upgrade to the new and improved Version of Window 95. Where as, you won't get the even more new and improved Version of Windows 98. And if your even thinking about Windows XP......FORGET IT!!!!

Now that was $2000.00.

Please send your Check or Money order to:

Edited by JSKY

You are all welcome folks.

JSKY, Since you didn't mention Windows 2000, I guess I'll keep my 2 grand to myself thankyou very much!!!

Your little message actually was more plausible than the original one that mlegg showed on his thread. :rolleyes:

Now if you are seriously planning to be a phisher, you will need to mispell some words here and there, and don't forget to randomly put capital letters on words in the middle of your sentences, or even capitalize entire words for added importance :rolleyes:

Just trying to help everyone out, but be aware some advice does carry a risk or two. :unsure:

God bless everyone.

You are all welcome folks.

JSKY, Since you didn't mention Windows 2000, I guess I'll keep my 2 grand to myself thankyou very much!!!

Your little message actually was more plausible than the original one that mlegg showed on his thread. :rolleyes:

Now if you are seriously planning to be a phisher, you will need to mispell some words here and there, and don't forget to randomly put capital letters on words in the middle of your sentences, or even capitalize entire words for added importance :rolleyes:

Just trying to help everyone out, but be aware some advice does carry a risk or two. :unsure:

God bless everyone.

Thanks. Always good to be forwarned.