Panda Titanium 2005 Anti-Virus has a new firewall built into it. The software for my DSL service (Tango Manager) keeps popping a box up that warns me it cannot find the DNS. Some of Alltel's techs actually know something about the service beyond reading the script. My damn luck I keep getting the one chick that only knows the script. Arrrrgh!!!! The following is a list of the services shown in the firewall. Could one of these be a reason that the DNS probe is not being let through by not being configured to allow it?

TCP/IP Arp Command

TCP/IP Netstat Command

TCP/IP Ping Command

TCP/IP Route Command

Telnet Program

TCP/IP Traceroute Command

TCP/IP Configuration Utility

Win98SE of course. Efficient Networks Speedstream 5200 DSL modem (not setup as router). Fresh install with new Panda subscription downloaded. Thanks for any help in figuring this out. I can surf OK but the popup box drives me nuts.

DNS has been enabled. After a few irate emails to Panda and one reply I've determined it is a problem with the programming of the firewall. I also had to inform them that it detects SpywareBlaster's list as the actual adware/spyware then disables SpywareBlaster's protection. They must have hired a few of Microsoft's former programmers.