Msg;

Setup was unable to format partition. The disk may be damaged.

Make sure the drive is switched on and properly connected to your computer. If the disk is SCSI disk, make sure your SCSI devices are properly terminated. Consult your computer manual or SCSI adapter documentation for more information.

You must select a different partition for Windows XP.

To continue, press Enter.

I had three machines all alike all install fine. This machine 4 HDD I get this message. Looking for mobo documentation. Set jumpers to different settings still same. Wiped drives with free killdisk.

Drives and mobo IDE not SCSI.

???????????!!!!!!!!

All this from a "Windows Expert".

LOL

It's all a learning experience.

M

LOL..... I know what you feel. I have been there more then once. You always come across one that just wants to be stubbern. Just keep trying. Maybe use a win98 boot disk to wipe the HHD. And then use your XP disk.

Hey Mike

Heh....I know what you speak of, my box has been causing me some real probs lately as well and in the last three weeks I have reinstalled..or tried to..XP at least 60 times. No word of a lie there either, it actually may even be understated. I finally moved all my data from an older HDD and installed onto that one instead and it seems to be working so far.

Anyway, pick up this HDD Dianostic Tool from Seagate as it will recognize other HDD makers drives also, and run it from a boot floppy to check that drive.

Good Luck!

Dave