Frozen At Boot Up Cannot Perform Safe Mode

Hi,

I usualy leave my computer running and today when i came back my computer for some reason had reset i believe it had reset because (when i went Afk my World of Warcraft login screen was up), and now the screen is focused (as in the computer will only boot up to that page)on my motherboard page(The page that tells you your CPu and ide info). So i cannot perform a safe boot (i have tried many times)and i do not have my Windows XP disc (Lost it like a fool). Please help!

Here as of 11:19 pacific time.

Edited by Xaxtly

some times a frozen screen is caused by hard ware not seated properly

and as tt

posted. dust bunnies

check all your hard ware and make sure the right drivers are installed

and make sure

the hardware cards are seated in the slots

and last make sure you dont have a virus

most times this is the reason

and posters are reluctant to admit it

how how did you post to the board

did you use some one elses compt

ive never lost my disk

marty

Edited by martymas

Can you boot to the bios?

Normally after the POST beep it says something like "Press Del to enter setup" may be F1, alt tab etc.

Do you have any bootable CDs? Or can you obtain one (download and burn to CDR something like Knoppix or Ultimate Boot CD, even an antivirus CD will do)

This will help confirm that the computer itself is working ,just that windows is having issues.

Do you have your windows Product key? (should be on the case or in the documentation accompanying the CD you lost)

Does it freeze after the BIOS splash or does it start to load windows and then freeze?