Hi, Please help me.

I have a Dell Inspiron -WinXP.

I removed the Partition with dell files in it that came with it, to be used for System Restore.

Now my system has crashed totally. & I can't do system restore.

But I can see my hard drive contents thru' Ubuntu Linux CD.

If I manually create a partition , and copy the contents in the partition from my friend's similar system, will that help in doing system restore ?

I'm stuck , because I dont have any restoration CDs.& I'm out of warranty.

and 2nd Question:

If I can get hold of a winXP installation cd somehow, Can I use that legally to enter my Key & do a fresh installation.

Hi, Please help me.

I have a Dell Inspiron -WinXP.

I removed the Partition with dell files in it that came with it, to be used for System Restore.

Now my system has crashed totally. & I can't do system restore.

But I can see my hard drive contents thru' Ubuntu Linux CD.

If I manually create a partition , and copy the contents in the partition from my friend's similar system, will that help in doing system restore ?

I'm stuck , because I dont have any restoration CDs.& I'm out of warranty.

and 2nd Question:

If I can get hold of a winXP installation cd somehow, Can I use that legally to enter my Key & do a fresh installation.

Yes, you contact Dell , tell them what you did, wait for the laughter to stop and ask if they will sell you a recovery CD for your computer.

Or go buy a copy of windows (Better hurry XP sales to end soon) and you install it and then download the drivers you need from Dell.