Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Doesn't Install

I'm attempting to install mbam to clean up the effects of a Malware attack which has left 24 System files infected with BitDefender unable to clean them. On an attempt to install mbam I get the following message "An error occured while trying to rename a file in the destination directory MoveFile failed; code 32.

Retry has failed several times and Ignore is not recommended.

What next?

I'm attempting to install mbam to clean up the effects of a Malware attack which has left 24 System files infected with BitDefender unable to clean them. On an attempt to install mbam I get the following message "An error occured while trying to rename a file in the destination directory MoveFile failed; code 32.

What next?

I have contacted the developer (RubbeRDuckY) he should be able to assist you further.

B

RubbeRDuckY says to try and hit ignore and see if it works - let me know how it turns out.

B

The Terrorist 75 says I'm in the wrong forum and I should move this to PC Support,

but I got this message while starting that transfer to PC Support.

When I hit Ignore, the installation advance a bit with a new halt saying

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:

MoveFile Failed; code 32.

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

Retry failed

RubbeRDuckY says to try and hit ignore and see if it works - let me know how it turns out.

B

The Terrorist 75 says I'm in the wrong forum and I should move this to PC Support,

but I got this message while starting that transfer to PC Support.

When I hit Ignore, the installation advance a bit with a new halt saying

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:

MoveFile Failed; code 32.

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.

Retry failed

Retry worked the second time, I'm getting stops, but retry seems to be forcing it through

What next?

Did you try bit defender in safe mode?

Just curious of there being someithing it "cannot" remove.

Your error with mbam sounds like what happens when bit defender is disabled or turned off and its "safeties" have locked certain registry areas and system folders for protection.

For example , many antivirus applications it is best to disable them when you install SP3 for XP, but with Bit Defender if you disable it you never get the popups to allow the install to make changes and it fails. IE , things Bit Defender would normally prompt for you to allow , will be locked in the "disallowed" setting if you disable it.

This can also be caused by some viruses which try to disable your antivirus; if they try to disable bit defender, it locks things in the do not allow any changes.