Some Problem With D-link Switch.

Hi all,

I have my own company for computer hardware solution..

but i need some help from router master..

Problem : I have setup one office with dlink switch.. There are two switches.. One is with 8 slot and second is with 16 slots..and have two different connections of internet.. but one of the connection is not working proper.. so pls help how i setup this switches so I can solve this problem..

Any other guidance appreciated.. pls i want to rectify this problem quickly.. so help me soon..

Can reply me at: [email protected]

Hi all,

I have my own company for computer hardware solution..

but i need some help from router master..

Problem : I have setup one office with dlink switch.. There are two switches.. One is with 8 slot and second is with 16 slots..and have two different connections of internet.. but one of the connection is not working proper.. so pls help how i setup this switches so I can solve this problem..

Any other guidance appreciated.. pls i want to rectify this problem quickly.. so help me soon..

Can reply me at: [email protected]

An excellent starter read is "Black boxes explained, Router? Bridge? Switch? Hub? What's the difference?"

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networ...ridge_types.htm

It explains what each type of device does as well as the similarities and differences.

They have some good analogies too.

But the key is to have the right device for the job.

Switches are used to control the flow of traffic inside a network; they are not designed to connect two networks (your LAN and the internet) that is the job of a Router or Server.

So, how are you sharing your internet? Using a Router or using a Server?

Is there a difference between the one that works and the one that does not?

Also, check the IP addresses. Most routers and switches come preconfigured with a default IP address. You cannot have two devices on the same network with the same IP, so often when you add a switch to and existing network (either managed by a router or server or connected with another switch ) you have to change this default IP so as not to conflict with the one the other is using or one assigned to other equipment.