Trouble Slipstreaming Ryans Update To Sp2(solved)

I have slipstreamed Xp-sp2 and Xp-sp3 and installed on test hd without any problems, but want to wait until MS has all problems solved with SP3 as I have had to uninstall SP3.

I am trying to make a XP-SP2 cd with all the updates.

However when I try to slipstream Ryans Update Pack I keep getting errors when I burn the cd.

I first copy XP-SP2 using my legal cd to a folder on my HD. I then D/L WindowsKB835935-sp2-ENU to it's own folder.

Then I integrate it to xp-sp2. I then extract XP Setup Boot Image to that folder. I then run Ryans Integrator and choose source and destination and update pack. After about an hour it is integrated and I choose make ISO image and put it on my c drive.

I repeat the steps with Nlite and put that image on my c drive.

I use Nero 6 to burn the images on new cds. But I always get errors no matter which Image I burn and neither will install. Same with other burners.

Am I missing a step somewhere using Ryans update?

Edited by tman70
What are the errors?

Sector errors is what Nero says when I ask to verify. I use new cd's each time. I tried to install one to a HD any way and it keep stopping saying a file was missing or corrupt, I think. I keep by passing the bad files, but it would not complete.

As I said before I have slipstreamed SP2 regular and SP3 and both work.

Have you tried another program like AutoStreamer and a fresh copy of the SP's and updates?

Hi Rhema7,

Been gone. Just got back. I used AutoStreamer to make the regular Sp2 & Sp3. But when I try to use Ryan's Update it asks for an executable. It won't recognize the RVMUpdatePack file, only the extracted folder which doesn't have an exe. file that I can see. Nlite will see it though. My daughter-in-law has just given me her old HP Pavilion XE783 computer, so I will use it instead of my Dell Millennia.

I have just DL a new copy of my XP-SP2 cd to a new folder on my HD. I am not going to use MS sp2 updatePack this time and just integrate Ryans update by itself using Ryans Integrater. I will report back on my results.

Thanks for replying.

Have you tried another program like AutoStreamer and a fresh copy of the SP's and updates?

Hi Rhema7,

Been gone. Just got back. I used AutoStreamer to make the regular Sp2 & Sp3. But when I try to use Ryan's Update it asks for an executable. It won't recognize the RVMUpdatePack file, only the extracted folder which doesn't have an exe. file that I can see. Nlite will see it though. My daughter-in-law has just given me her old HP Pavilion XE783 computer, so I will use it instead of my Dell Millennia.

I have just DL a new copy of my XP-SP2 cd to a new folder on my HD. I am not going to use MS sp2 updatePack this time and just integrate Ryans update by itself using Ryans Integrater. I will report back on my results.

Thanks for replying.

I have solved my problem with slipstreaming RVMUpdatePack. I have just made one cd that works and just made another adding the WGA along with the Update pack. It booted fine and installed without any problems. I did not activate it as I am going to use it on my sons computer in case it won't take SP3.

I could say I have three possible reasons why I could not get it to work before:

Reason 1) Too young and in a hurry.

In my case that doesn't apply.

Reason 2) Too old to understand instructions.

I do admit that there is a lot I don't understand, but I do learn.

Reason 3) Assuming something was true that wasn't.

My favorite because I believe some of you have done the same thing at one time or another.

I did have sector error and corrupt files when I was using my Dell Millennia.and it would not install. I also did everything before on the Dell exactly as I did it now on the Pavillion.. But because I saw sector errors before, I thought I was having the same problem on the Pavilion. Finally the second time I realized that it was saying "not matching source content" or something like that. So I let it verify and installed it without any problems.

That is what happens when you assume something.

Put a slash on either side of the u in assume and that is what you make.LOL

Maybe this will help some else who is trying to slipstream the first time.