Need Advise On Good Brand And Price For Lcd Monitor

The best monitor for me and my bad eyesight has been the Trinitron CRTs. Right now I have a 19" Dell Trinitron that I picked up used and in great shape for $50.00 on craigslist. They do take up a lot of space and use quite a bit of power. LCDs just don't do it for me.

I've had good luck with Samsung. Had a 15 " when they first came out. Then moved up to a 19 ". Both LCD's. Prices have come down considerably. You can get a 22" now for under $300.

I always found it helpful to go to a local big box store and look at the monitors side by side. What looks good to different people is subjective.

the age old question of what monitor should I get and size! love it!

First question.. what are you looking to spend?

joe's suggestion of going to the local store is a great idea!

Bigger isnt always better.. here is a nice samsung I found for about 190.. 22 inch

http://www.ecost.com/Detail/Monitors/Samsu...A/40483140.aspx

Rich

Edited by Rich

Wow... thanks for all the advise. I shopped around for all of those brands, but ended up getting a 20" LG for under $200. My Uncle has several LGs, from TVs to his monitor, and I like the clarity. I hope it's good. On 6/3, the rest of my parts arrive, and I build my new toy! My first build - wish me luck!

I'd say Acer. Bought a 19" for myself bout 2 years ago and it still rocks. Acer makes a lot of lower cost No-Frills monitors that perform great.

Although I went with an LG, I think that when I can afford a second monitor, it will probably be an Acer. That's down the road, though... I spent way more than I had planned on this new build!