New Us 5 Dollar Bill

OH crap i hope that wont happen :wacko:

Nah.....it'll cap off at $4.99.9 :rolleyes:

Another possible scenario: The oil companies will start using the metric system (like the rest of the world already does) and sell gas for $1.95 per liter.

A lot of people, being somewhat "mathematically challenged" , will think the prices dropped and then buy even bigger gas guzzlers. :o

Edited by irregularjoe

Let's see ... I use about eight gallons a week, times five bucks ... thats forty bucks a week. I just have to show up at work and I make that much, so, no biggy.

If you've actually had one of the new fivers in your hands you might agree with me, it looks fake. I guess I'm just not used to so many colors on a bill.

Seen the hub-bub about making denominations apparent to the blind? Makes sense, but that'll require MAJOR changes, a few new colors will pale in comparison.

Re: Metric measurements. Funny and accurate as far as fooling some into thinking the price is "better" somehow, but the Metric system'll never catch on in the US, not in my lifetime anyway. No explanations I've heard completely explain our reluctance, rather, our inability, to accept it.

Let's see ... I use about eight gallons a week, times five bucks ... thats forty bucks a week. I just have to show up at work and I make that much, so, no biggy.

If you've actually had one of the new fivers in your hands you might agree with me, it looks fake. I guess I'm just not used to so many colors on a bill.

Seen the hub-bub about making denominations apparent to the blind? Makes sense, but that'll require MAJOR changes, a few new colors will pale in comparison.

Re: Metric measurements. Funny and accurate as far as fooling some into thinking the price is "better" somehow, but the Metric system'll never catch on in the US, not in my lifetime anyway. No explanations I've heard completely explain our reluctance, rather, our inability, to accept it.

OH crap i hope that wont happen :wacko:

Nah.....it'll cap off at $4.99.9 :rolleyes:

Another possible scenario: The oil companies will start using the metric system (like the rest of the world already does) and sell gas for $1.95 per liter.

A lot of people, being somewhat "mathematically challenged" , will think the prices dropped and then buy even bigger gas guzzlers. :o

or they can sell it at $1.20 /QRT

Edited by Dan72