About 2 years ago i built my PC. It has inevitably started to slow down and I am now starting to get into some video editing on Premiere and also wanting t use After Effects but my computer doesn't really like it because it starts to run really slow when i try to use them. I was wondering if it is possible to just replace certain parts to make my computer "good as new" if possible.

Thanks

About 2 years ago i built my PC. It has inevitably started to slow down and I am now starting to get into some video editing on Premiere and also wanting t use After Effects but my computer doesn't really like it because it starts to run really slow when i try to use them. I was wondering if it is possible to just replace certain parts to make my computer "good as new" if possible.

Thanks

Just about everything can be replaced.

If your motherboard supports it, Ram would be the first thing that comes to mind.

Why don't you tell us some specs?

this old compt i have as a hack i built my self

and ive replaced many components

over time

as long as your mother board

supports these replacements

there are lots of reasons for your compt to slow down

and you will find them all over this board

two posters have asked for your specs

so it would be very handy if you posted those and many here can hep

good luck

marty

Thanks

When you build your own PC , the upgrade path should be a major consideration. By properly planning things from the outset, you will be able to upgrade later without having to totally replace the computer.

For example, if you choose a motherboard which supports faster processors then you can now probably buy a much faster processor for less than you paid for the one you have now. Likewise if you choose a board which supports 4GB of RAM you probably have the ability to add a bunch.

Upgrading the video card again may depend on the motherboard. Two years ago PCI-Express was in its infancy and not readily available. But there were several boards which supported both AGP-8 and PCI-Express 16x

In this case if you went with an AGP card, upgrading to PCI express is relativlely easy. Even if you do not have PCI-Express, you can still probably get a better video card at a reasonable cost.

The case and power supply also are important. Did you choose a powersupply with enough overhead and extra capacity to power more drives, or a better video card?

Does your motherboard support sata so you can put in a high speed sata drive for data storage?

But it all depends on what you choose initially. If you choose a crappy cheap motherboard with limited capabilities, onboard graphics , no agp or pci-x and no support for faster processor or more RAM then you will need to replace the motherboard, cpu, and mostlikely RAM.

At that point you have to evaluate what you have and decide what is worth keeping if anything.

Careful planning initially leads to longer life and lower upgrade costs in the long run.