I'm having troubles trying to install the program "Art Explosion Publisher Pro Silver" in the R-51 thinkpad laptop. I have created 2 partitions in this laptop, both partitions are ntfs and Win XP is their OS, I'm trying to install it in the secondary partition, the program has 3 CDs that you have to install, the first 2 go without a problem but for some reason the third and final CD of the installation is not recognized by the DVD/CD-RW drive. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this problem and how to fix it?

Edited by intocomputing2

Either the drive is starting to fail or the disk is corrupt. Is this a copy? Is there any scratches on the disk? You might try waiting a minute or so before you put the last disk in. You might also check the connection to the drive(Ribbon cable).

I'm having troubles trying to install the program "Art Explosion Publisher Pro Silver" in the R-51 thinkpad laptop. I have created 2 partitions in this laptop, both partitions are ntfs and Win XP is their OS, I'm trying to install it in the secondary partition, the program has 3 CDs that you have to install, the first 2 go without a problem but for some reason the third and final CD of the installation is not recognized by the DVD/CD-RW drive. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this problem and how to fix it?

If you put the third disk in and explore it can you see everything?

I have seen this happen with some programs when a windows update caused a problem with UDF or ISO 9660 format and the addresses of some files on multi disk installs do not read correctly. Could be a path issue or name issue.

What I have found to work is if you create a new folder on your computer and copy the contents of all the disks (except the autorun.inf on the first disk) involved to that folder and then run the setup.exe from that folder and not from the CD.

You may have to hold the shift key when inserting the disks to prevent autorun or disable it.

Either the drive is starting to fail or the disk is corrupt. Is this a copy? Is there any scratches on the disk? You might try waiting a minute or so before you put the last disk in. You might also check the connection to the drive(Ribbon cable).

I don't think it is the drive, I have tried many other CDs and they are read just fine, and I checked the back of the disc and there aren't any visible scratches. This is a retail copy bought at a store, and I'm not sure if I should mess with the internal parts, I would if it were a desktop computer, but this is a laptop.

Edited by intocomputing2