How's Your Weather?

Windy and overcast with highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s. I installed my new furnace in time. I still need to re-shingle one section of the roof, but that will have to wait until some of my friends get some free time. My legs are killing me just from carrying some sheetrock, 5 gallon bucket of mud and a couple 5 gallon buckets of paint upstairs.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We had a mild chill spell last week so we had to start up the wood stove for the first time this season, and yes, last Sunday, just after midnight, our first chimney fire.

My fault as I hadn't had the fire stove chimney swept out yet. No lasting problem as I had been watching outside just in case nightly for such after I lit our wood stove on its third night of use. The flames didn't ignite anything other than the creosote buildup from last season on the inside of the chimney pipe, but after I quickly shut down the wood stove completely my wife and I hosed down the roof and deck just in case with copious amounts of water. Chimney has since been swept out thanks to my son-in-law (I'm too heavy for the roof on our mobile home... and none too spry).

Last few days no need to burn for warmth... upper 70°'s to low 80°'s daytime, and low 50°'s in the wee hours.

We had a mild chill spell last week so we had to start up the wood stove for the first time this season, and yes, last Sunday, just after midnight, our first chimney fire.

My fault as I hadn't had the fire stove chimney swept out yet. No lasting problem as I had been watching outside just in case nightly for such after I lit our wood stove on its third night of use. The flames didn't ignite anything other than the creosote buildup from last season on the inside of the chimney pipe, but after I quickly shut down the wood stove completely my wife and I hosed down the roof and deck just in case with copious amounts of water. Chimney has since been swept out thanks to my son-in-law (I'm too heavy for the roof on our mobile home... and none too spry).

Last few days no need to burn for warmth... upper 70°'s to low 80°'s daytime, and low 50°'s in the wee hours.

You heat with wood Bobby? I used to do that when I lived in Connecticut. Oh how I remember splitting and stacking those cords of wood! I had a number of wood stoves over the years.