ok I have 2 partitions in my comp, one NFTS (where WinXP is) and another one free, what I want to do is format the free parition (about 47 GB size) to FAT 32, someone recomended me to use SwissKnife so I downloaded it, but for some reason SwissKnife only sees the remaining partition as Free Space and I can't "create" or "delete" this partition since those 2 buttons are not highlighted, how can I get the program to format my remaining partition to FAT 32?

ok I have 2 partitions in my comp, one NFTS (where WinXP is) and another one free, what I want to do is format the free parition (about 47 GB size) to FAT 32, someone recomended me to use SwissKnife so I downloaded it, but for some reason SwissKnife only sees the remaining partition as Free Space and I can't "create" or "delete" this partition since those 2 buttons are not highlighted, how can I get the program to format my remaining partition to FAT 32?

Two words.....Partition Magic

Edited by irregularjoe

I am pretty certain Windows XP Disk Management will not let you create a partition larger then 32gbs. If it was me I would use Fdisk from a live linux cd, or use an MS boot disk which also contains fdisk, this may be easier.

this link below will allow you to create a boot disc in the form of a bootable cd. I would recommend this one: winme_bootdisk.iso

http://www.allbootdisks.com/download/iso.html