...but it does on another account on the same computer..both are admin accounts and both can connect using at&t dsl..

it's on my daughters machine..which shares a internet connection with mine..

when i'm logged in on her machine under my account i can connect using the yahoo browser...ie7.. or ff

but when we're logged into her account..again she's a admin account and is not restricted we can connect with the yahoo browser...ff...but when we open ie7 the program opens but hangs at "connecting" and the cpu hits 100% and stalls there..i have to end the iexplorer process in task manager to get out and close the program..if i log out of her account and open mine i'm able to open and connect just fine in ie7..??

any ideas as to what's wrong..??

thanx

wayne

thanx TT...i have cleared the temp files...history etc...but since it hangs at connecting i can't get to the tools menu..unless you know how to access it thru the control panel/internet options..i've been stumped on this one for a while...she doesn't use ie much..i have her on a teen restricted yahoo browser for most of her browsing so it's not a critical issue..but i just like things to work like they should..lol :wacko::blink:

Using Explorer;

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temp

C:\WINDOWS\Temp

If C:\ is the drive XP is installed on.

You may also want to go into the Internet Properties > Connections > LAN Settings and put a check mark in "Automatically detect settings". If that doesn't work you can to run the Network Connection Wizard.

If all else fails, go to Internet Properties > Advanced > Reset Internet Explorer Settings and click "Reset".

Edited by Falcon1986
You may also want to go into the Internet Properties > Connections > LAN Settings and put a check mark in "Automatically detect settings". If that doesn't work you can to run the Network Connection Wizard.

If all else fails, go to Internet Properties > Advanced > Reset Internet Explorer Settings and click "Reset".

thanx falcon..i had tried all that..except the reset...and the reset did the trick..not sure what caused the problem..but ie7 opens and connects normally after reseting

thanx to TT for your help also..

wayne :thumbsup::rolleyes: