I have a pc it does not power up. I swapped the PSU, Nothing. I swapped the mobo with a new one, Nothing. I had the new psu and mobo, still nothing. I checked the connections, all pins fow power and what nots. Everything is connected. I get no post, no fans,and no smoke. !!!? Could it be the processor? If so do I swaf the mobo also, or can I return it. Which processor to get. I am not into swapping processors much.

This is the pc.

These are the processors from newegg. I only have a newegg and zipzoom fly accounts.

The pc was working at night, nothing the next morning.

Mike

Yuk, that is one of those jobs that just plain suck.

I have a friend who works at a busy shop. They do about $3000/week in business. In all of that time(in over a year), he has only seen a bad proc once. Statistically, I think it is more likely that you got another bad mobo, or some other problem. With that said, who knows, you may have a bad proc.

Sorry, not alot of help.

I was thinking along those lines also about the board being bad. I kinda do not want to keep replacing parts on trial and error. The last few weeks have not been going in my favor as far as hardware issues.

M

I just did an experiment for you. I pulled the proc off my bench board(use for testing). I then tried to fire it up. It did start all the fans both the cpu and power supply. When I shorted the switch for 5 seconds it shutdown like expected. I don't know if all boards are the same, but this implies a bad proc will not stop it from turning on to some degree. This would way the evidence on something other then the cpu being bad.