A few years ago I used a Server called Look. Since then I have changed servers a few times and currently have a Broadband server. Look keeps coming back to haunt me. When I download a new program the new program always defaults to my old Look address. For example I just downloaded Thunderbird for email and the wizard for that program insists on bringing in Look as my current server. I had a couple of hours playing around before I managed to get Thunderbird to work. Does anyone know how I can rid myself of this demon. If it means going inti the Registry I am a little scared of doing that so would need babying. I am using 98se. It is not a critical problem but any help would be appreviated

Thanks

You could try using Regcleaner.

Regcleaner

On the main page that shows up when first starting. Look through the list for anything pointing to "Look".

Then on the top toolbar, goto "Tools">"Registry Cleanup"> "Do Them All", and look through the list for anymore items that might point to the culprit.

The first page to come up is the Software list. Sometimes you have to look at both the Author and the software parts to figure out whats what.

The second part. On the top toolbar/taskbar you should see "Tools". open up the tools dropdown menu, and you'll see "Registry Cleanup", And in there at the bottom "Do Them All". Now be carfull here. If you run Incredimail. You will have to reinstall it to get the parts it removes, if you remove everything. And if your running a Compaq/HP, don't remove any files called "Backweb". HP/Compaq requires these to run. But for the most part, most things can be cleaned out. It will also help remove registry files from removed programs that can cause small problems, or just clutter up the registry.

I'm sorry JSKY. I tried to follow your instructions but I guess I must be a bit thick as I could not find what You indicated. As I said before I downloaded a thing called Tweaknow and it got rid of just two registry files, but froze my computer when it tried to scan something called "help Section" It scanned all the other sections succesfully. I don't wish to put you to any trouble so I guess I can live with the problem

Thanks

Bryan