Hi, please help me.

Sorry, maybe this topic already been posted by other people

My MB is Abit AN9 32x

RAM DDR2-800 1GB KINGSTON 2X

PROCESSOR AMD ATHLON 2000MHZ ??? its that true ?

Here is the problem : my com only use Low - then - half of the memory

Example : I played mediaval total war2 and it stuck!

when icheck, it only use 400mb of ram

in computer properties, use Windows xp sp2, it says 2gb of ram

Does anyone knows how to optimalize my ram ?

Thank you!

Sorry if i post in wrong place. Still newbie.

Just because you have 2GB of RAM doesn't mean your computer will utilize all of it 100% of the time.

There is no way that your processor is an AMD Athlon. That Abit board is a Socket 940 and accepts an AMD AM2 processor.

Your problem may be due to some other reason than the RAM. Letting us know your complete actual hardware would help. It would also help if we knew your system temperatures. Do you have any errors listed in the Event Viewer (Click the Start Button then click Run. Type: eventvwr.msc then press the Enter key.) If there are any errors double click the error then click the clipboard button located in the error box then paste it in a reply here.

Clipboard button

Eventvwr.jpg

Edited by TheTerrorist_75

Socket 940 is not the same as a socket AM2(they both have 940 pins, but keyed different). Socket 940 is used mainly on servers and uses ddr memory, but socket AM2 uses ddr2 memory. He was correct to say his chip is an AMD Athlon. Socket AM2 boards use both AMD Athlons, and AMD Semprons.

Edited by shanenin

Processor AMD ATHLON 64 X2 dUAL cORE

Motherboard ABIT AN9 32X

Graphic Card/VGA ZOTAC GeFORCE 7900 GS

RAM KINGSTON 1GB DDR2 800 (KVR800D2N5/1G 1GB PC2-6400 CL5 240-PIN DIMM)

Power Supply Simbadda AL-B530E ATX530W

HardDisk Maxtor SATAB 250 GB STM3250820AS

Monitor Hansol 710P/710D (Non Flat, still the old version)

I recently purchase a new computer with the above specs. At first the Monitor didn't boot up upon pressing the power button. Strangely when I pressed the restart button, the monitor boot up. But then came another problem, my BIOS setup gets messed up because of the restart, so it returns to default setup. Solution from the internet suggest that i should raise the Ram Voltation from 1.8 to 1.9 Volt, tried it and i successfully boot up the computer without having to press the restart button. But then another problem occurs, my programs (Games) runs really slow..which is not normal considering my 2GB size ram. And so i switched back to the Ram's default set (1.8 Volt) on the account that i have to restart my computer everytime i want to use it, not to mention returning BIOS to it's defaut setup everytime i engage in this abnormal procedure. That's all the problem, please help me. Thank you.

Where did you purchase this new machine?

Is it an OEM (Dell, Gateway, HP) or from a local computer shop?

That is definitely not normal behavior and I think it's because something in the BIOS setup is incorrect and it's having to reset to a different setting to compensate. Also, your monitor does not "boot up", it simply recieves a signal when the graphics driver initializes.

Your RAM usage with XP is normal, XP doesn't utilize the extra RAM that is not alloted to running programs and services like Vista does with SuperFetch, so actually a low RAM usage in XP is a good thing, as long as the system recognizes the entire amount of installed RAM.